Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2 - Page 5 - Road Glide Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Grey beard
 
Brewiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockbridge, Ga
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
As I've said before, doesn't really matter where it is, if I can make the arrangements, I'll be there. Further away just means more of an adventure. As far as a North Carolina Shark Week, I still feel that I'd need some serious assistance and/or leadership from someone closer to the target area. I'm just too far away to do it right, so I'm officially calling out anyone on the western end of the state that may have an interest. Be it for next year or further in the future. Rest assured that we can make it happen at some point but may not have things in place for a 2013 proposal. My hats off to anyone that has the chops to pull one of though. It's obviously a lot of work. Look forward to Utah and future Shark Weeks.

Sounds like Medic-Tim needs to stand up to the plate.....I would love to help putting one together in NC, I'm only a few hundred miles away.

2011 FLTRU Vivid Black
13" WV, KW 2+2 Sweepers, ISO Grips, Jackpot Headers/Jackpot Slip-ons,Ventilator S/E Breather, PV, Woods TW-222 cams, Alpine 149BT W/ Ipod , HW RS400 & CS300, HW 654's & HAT Clarus 6.5's up front and HW 654's in TourPak Pods.
Brewiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,053
I appreciate your interest and willingness to take on such a responsibility. As you know there are many things to consider and this is not an easy task. Members like you make this forum great....

2012 RG Custom CVO "Skunk" Construction Complete
Cmathias is offline  
post #43 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Life Member
 
Quicksand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
As I've said before, doesn't really matter where it is, if I can make the arrangements, I'll be there. Further away just means more of an adventure. As far as a North Carolina Shark Week, I still feel that I'd need some serious assistance and/or leadership from someone closer to the target area. I'm just too far away to do it right, so I'm officially calling out anyone on the western end of the state that may have an interest. Be it for next year or further in the future. Rest assured that we can make it happen at some point but may not have things in place for a 2013 proposal. My hats off to anyone that has the chops to pull one of though. It's obviously a lot of work. Look forward to Utah and future Shark Weeks.
I'm not much if any (about 5 hrs.) closer then you Richard but have made numerous trips to the area and know some real tasty roads. I'll be more then happy to help and do what I can when the time arises. The riding is so good there the rally eventually has to be held there, the only variable is time



The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Quicksand is offline  
post #44 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Life Member
 
Quicksand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusBarkley View Post
You can't make it to Maine from Kentucky, without a pit stop in NJ.
I'll leave a light on for ya'.
Oh yeah, if I make a trip to the northeast I havta take the scenic route through the Garden State. A 7-800 mile leg to Jersey would be a good first day. I'm hoping to go to Laconia next year if I can scrounge some days off between Texas and Utah.

Speaking of Texas Rufus why don't you dust off the winter cobwebs next spring and come on down to the Hill Country in April



The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Quicksand is offline  
post #45 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Life Member
 
Quicksand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
There are many of us that like to ride so much if we started a four corner rotation and had it in a different corner of the country each year we'd be there.
Thinkin' about it a 4 corner rally may be somethin cool to consider in the future. If SW IV is in Maine SW V could be in say Key West or San Diego, maybe Washington state. I know probably won't happen. Centrally located is better, just spit ballin'.

I do think SW X should return to the scene of the crime, Gettysburg. Course by then my old ass will either be dead or in the corner droolin' LL



The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Quicksand is offline  
post #46 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator
 
Stray Mutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
...I do think SW X should return to the scene of the crime, Gettysburg. ....
Aw geez, Gettysburg? That place is just too far and too hot.

What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?


Take OFF! To the GREAT white North! and Join us for SharkWeekVI Eh!
August 2-3-4 2016 - For registration information click HERE
Stray Mutt is offline  
post #47 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Administrator
 
Dmize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Mutt View Post
Aw geez, Gettysburg? That place is just too far and too hot.
Ron - you mind if I "steal" your SW3 banner and use it in my sig as well? I've taken a liken to it!!

D.
Dmize is offline  
post #48 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Administrator
 
Stray Mutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The OC
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
Ron - you mind if I "steal" your SW3 banner and use it in my sig as well? I've taken a liken to it!!

D.
Be my guest, Dan. Anyone else is welcome to it, also. Anything that helps spread the word on Shark Week is a good thing.

What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?


Take OFF! To the GREAT white North! and Join us for SharkWeekVI Eh!
August 2-3-4 2016 - For registration information click HERE
Stray Mutt is offline  
post #49 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Grey beard
 
Andyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 952
[QUOTE=Northwoods_Maine;330390] I originally thought of proposing an Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor area rally, but you'd have to do that in Sept. to make it at all affordable or fun, and I guess there are quite a few on here who depend on the rallys being held in the summer months due to kids or job issues.

./QUOTE]
I'm a big time National Parks fan, been to over 80 in the last 5 years.

I'd come to Maine in the summer for a SW. In fact I'm considering making my annual "biggun" tour to Acadia in June. If your proposal picks up steam and it looks like y'all might host it I'll wait a year to venture up that way, I'd work in a couple of days at the park before or after the gathering. If Texas doesn't host one, I selfishly hope y'all get the gig.

I've got about 2 miles of Maine concrete under my wheels, enough to color in Maine on my states ridden in patch. I spent a few days in New England- mostly in NH and Vermont, in Oct. 2008 and really enjoyed it up there. The Red Socks were playing TB in the ALCS while I was up there and I gotta tell ya, you people are NUTS about your baseball! You'd think it was football or something LMAO.

I was really able to throw out my ignorant stereotypes I had about New Englanders, highlight the word IGNORANT. Y'all are pretty much just like we are here in Texas, except y'all talk funny.



'03 Deuce: 88k miles and counting, '11 RGU: 75k miles and counting.

Last edited by Andyman; 11-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Andyman is offline  
post #50 of 324 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Life Member
 
ichiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New England -North of Boston
Posts: 1,645
[QUOTE=Andyman;331391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
I've got about 2 miles of Maine concrete under my wheels, enough to color in Maine on my states ridden in patch. I spent a few days in New England- mostly in NH and Vermont, in Oct. 2008 and really enjoyed it up there.

The Red Socks were playing TB in the ALCS while I was up there and I gotta tell ya, you people are NUTS about your baseball! You'd think it was football or something LMAO.

I was really able to throw out my ignorant stereotypes I had about New Englanders, highlight the word IGNORANT. Y'all are pretty much just like we are here in Texas, except y'all talk funny.
ANDYMAN: Go Pats! Celtics and for the Red Sox.... Call it the way it is... They suck! Got to love them or hate them cause there is no middle ground.
As the riding goes in New England. We call it Gods country. Coastal, Mountain and lakes riding with twisty country roads for hundreds of miles.
If SW IV selection is New England, there is no reason why as a MA. member, I can't help in some way. (Married my youngest daughter off last Summer and should be recovered by 2013 to buy gas and a beer.) BLFM
ichiban is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome