Shark of the Month October 13
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Was northern Maine, now gulf coast of Florida
Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2
A couple weeks ago I had posted a thread to try to gauge the level of interest that the membership would have in attending a Shark Week in Maine/NH. This thread isn't about what has to be done to host SW4 in Maine or how it needs to be presented. We simply are trying to gauge the level of interest of the membership in attending an event in the White Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire.
We can promise:
- excellent mountainside lodging options at a reasonable rate (for New England in the summer time)
- extraordinary mountain views everywhere you look and opportunities to take a chairlift or gondola to the top of one of the area's major ski areas. Or for the more adventurous, take a zip line ride part way down the mountain
- roads to ride that will leave you breathless and will make you think about "calling in sick" and extending your vacation time here
- a day ride that will include a trip up the world famous Mt. Washington Auto Road for those who aren't faint of heart. Here's a sample: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13525622313414
- a day ride through the Lakes Region that's host to the oldest motorcycle rally in the U.S. - Laconia
- and an opportunity for you to enjoy some of Maines best seafood and lobster along with some wonderful craft beers
Please give us your thoughts as to whether you'd be interested in doing this as a National Shark Week Rally. Thanks in advance for your input.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - HST
Last edited by Uncle Fuzzy; 05-30-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Reason: Forgot question mark in title