Road Glide banner

Tour Pak

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bikepsych 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a king tour pak from a good friend of mine. He bought it when he got a new street glide last year, and has never used it. He traded that bike in on a trike(health issues), and now has the extra pak. It has the detachable mount, wrap around backrest pad, rear lights, top rack, liner and luggage bag. The only thing is that it is vivid black and my bike is denim black. I can get the pak for 800.... does this sound like a good deal? I already have the 4 point docking kit installed on my bike

My only concern is the paint. I have read all of the blitz black posts and have read about spraying parts with plasti dip to match the denim paint. I would like to avoid paying another few hundred for paint if I can. It would be nice if I could just put a flat clear on it...

So what do you think? Is this a good/bad deal? Is it going to be too much hassle trying to paint for the price of the trunk? I am leaving around Aug. 1 for a 3 month trip across the U.S. on the bike and I know the extra space would be nice.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated, thanks!!

#2 ·
I guess it's just me, I would leave it as it is & use it, if you are like me, I only install the tour pak for trips anyway, just my opinion.

#4 ·
I have a black denim king tour pack that I might be willing to trade for your vivid black. My tour pack has the factory red pinstripe on the top of the lid. Standard backrest pad, No lights and no rack. Its was on my bike for approx. 2000 miles and sitting in my basement since. Let me know what ya think. Im in Philly, shipping might suck

#5 ·
Thanks for the offer ridered67, but I'm going to keep this tour pak. I picked it up yesterday and I will only be using it for trips and when I need the extra space, so the difference in color isn't that big of a deal... So thanks for the comments, I am happy with the new box, except for the radio reception, but that's a different story.....

#6 ·
I am happy with the new box, except for the radio reception.....
Radio reception? The only station mine gets is my iPod playlists or Slacker Radio from my phone! Seriously though, that was a good price. I have a vivid black RGC and I just priced the tour pak (minus lights) and it's almost $1100.00. I now have the dealer looking for slightly used or something they can make me a deal on. Yes, occasionally I'm a tight-ass, especially when it will only get used a few times a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.