It's Been a Busy Week. Here's Another Review... - Road Glide Forums
*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
sdlakerfan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 578
It's Been a Busy Week. Here's Another Review...

Review of Kuryakyn's Road Glide Windshield Trim.

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks, Vic
sdlakerfan79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Grey beard
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,150
Nice write up. Admins moved my question about the HD windshield trim to the windshield forum.

I took the HD trim off based on feedback that it damaged the paint on their bike, so I wonder if this Kury part would do the same. (The HD part has rubber backing as well).

I cant believe I'm saying this, but this Kury trim looks better than the HD trim.
HellInABucket is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Member
 
killintime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jefferson, Wi
Posts: 694
Nice review, I was on the fence as to buying one of these. You may have just pushed me off after reading your review and see how nice it looks.

First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives
killintime is online now  
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Member
 
Peppa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 409
I started out with the HD piece and it sucked so I changed to the Kuryakyn piece and it is much better !!

[
2012 Road Glide Chrome Yeller - V & H Monster Rounds, SE Race Tuner, SE Heavy Breather, 10" Windvest, Sinister Industries Hot Rod Drag Bars, 21" Renegade Yukon Front Wheel
Peppa1 is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Life Member
 
HD_Shock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oklahoma - the windy part
Posts: 1,851
Nice write up, Vic. I've heard way too many horror stories about the ill-fitting HD trim ... looks like Kury is the way to go if you're after this look. I also prefer the clean look of the Kury over the "Road Glide" logo text on HD's version. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
I took the HD trim off based on feedback that it damaged the paint on their bike, so I wonder if this Kury part would do the same. (The HD part has rubber backing as well).

I cant believe I'm saying this, but this Kury trim looks better than the HD trim.
Even the stock rubber HD trim will damage paint. Dirt and dust gets under there and acts like an orbital sander because of normal vibration. Anything that contacts your paint (rubber or not), will scratch if dirt and dust accumulates (seats included). Can't really blame HD for this ... on the other hand, LOTS of aftermarket parts are "better" than HD's offerings.

-phil

2011 FLTRX 103


VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
HD_Shock is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Grey beard
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Shock View Post
Nice write up, Vic. I've heard way too many horror stories about the ill-fitting HD trim ... looks like Kury is the way to go if you're after this look. I also prefer the clean look of the Kury over the "Road Glide" logo text on HD's version. Thanks for sharing.
From the pics on the Kury site the chrome one appears to have their goofy skull in the center, but I cant tell from the op's pics if its on the black one, but would presume so.

From the Kury site:

HellInABucket is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Life Member
 
HD_Shock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oklahoma - the windy part
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
From the pics on the Kury site the chrome one appears to have their goofy skull in the center, but I cant tell from the op's pics if its on the black one, but would presume so.
I think that pic is from the Airmaster windshield product page. The skull might be an add-on option but here are pics from the actual trim product page - no skulls. (same pics on Vic's review page) I don't do skulls ... lol




-phil

2011 FLTRX 103


VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
HD_Shock is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Moderator
 
gkt33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baton Rouge La
Posts: 243
Send a message via Yahoo to gkt33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppa1 View Post
I started out with the HD piece and it sucked so I changed to the Kuryakyn piece and it is much better !!
+1! Had mine for more than a yr. now looking at the black one!

"SMOKEY"
gkt33 is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Grey beard
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Shock View Post
I think that pic is from the Airmaster windshield product page. The skull might be an add-on option but here are pics from the actual trim product page - no skulls. (same pics on Vic's review page) I don't do skulls ... lol
Got a link handy? I'm not finding it... [never mind, I found it, thanks]

Last edited by HellInABucket; 11-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
HellInABucket is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
sdlakerfan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 578
Thanks for the read today fellaz. I was actually really impressed by this piece. It's a keeper in my book.
sdlakerfan79 is offline  
Reply

Tags
kuryakyn , windshield trim

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome