Any Coasties - Page 6 - Road Glide Forums
Active Military and Veteran's group Active Military and Veteran's group discussion section.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 4
Uscg

Wuz up....Good to see other shipmates on this forum. Currently station down here in Miami aboard the new sentinel class cutter...CGC Bernard C. Webber...I've been around for a minute...some of my prior stations:

1.UTB System center (Boat Forces)
2 CGC ADAK and CGC AQUIDNECK (PATFORSWA) 2005-2006
3. CGC KODIAK ISLAND 2006-2008
4. PATFORSWA (SHORE SIDE) 2008-2009
5. CGC BERNARD C. WEBBER 2009-PRESENT
6. Prior Navy (SEABEE) 97-2001

Carlitos
Carlitos13b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Newbie
 
Harley73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 30
Myrtle

Myrtle was a good time, last I heard Myrtle beach itself passed a bunch of stupid laws in an effort to rid the area of bike weeks (ie helmet law, sound ordanance etc etc). As for me I am headed to the dragon in april for 4 days
Harley73 is offline  
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Hangaround
 
HoboCoastie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 135
AD CG here. Stationed in TRACEN Yorktown.

I'm prior Navy. I think it's funny hearin' Navy guys give us a bunch a chit. I was there. I know how frustrating it can be for them to be out there training all the time for what will never happen. To move millions of pounds of ordinance around just so a Navy SEAL can send 4 or 5 rounds of small arms down range.

All the while, you come back from a six month cruise to a wife that's 3 months pregnant and don't have the sense enough to do the math.

Fact is, the CG is out there operating doing real missions every day that directly affect the security and safety of this nation.

I've got an amazing sense of pride in my service and our missions. Best thing I ever did.

SEMPER PERATUS!!! F-It! Let's RIDE!

Hobo
Official Herd #00151
Patriot Guard #216365

2011 FLTRX103, V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi-Outputs, PCV, 2" Tank Lift, Various Bling
HoboCoastie is offline  
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Prospect
 
Cory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 244
Well Hobo you know that saying.......Coasties are the reason Navy kids look so good!!


2015 RGS Amber Whiskey
Cory is offline  
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 151
While I am not a coastie, I do hold a coast guard license. I have a MOTV and move barges along the gulf coast. Currently running in and out of Mobile. I work with you guys quite a bit.
mrmrezg is offline  
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Hangaround
 
HoboCoastie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitos13b View Post
Wuz up....Good to see other shipmates on this forum. Currently station down here in Miami aboard the new sentinel class cutter...CGC Bernard C. Webber...I've been around for a minute...some of my prior stations:

1.UTB System center (Boat Forces)
2 CGC ADAK and CGC AQUIDNECK (PATFORSWA) 2005-2006
3. CGC KODIAK ISLAND 2006-2008
4. PATFORSWA (SHORE SIDE) 2008-2009
5. CGC BERNARD C. WEBBER 2009-PRESENT
6. Prior Navy (SEABEE) 97-2001

Carlitos
Love the SEABEE's! I was a FC in the Navy, but when I was in, I always wished I'd went that way.

Hobo
Official Herd #00151
Patriot Guard #216365

2011 FLTRX103, V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi-Outputs, PCV, 2" Tank Lift, Various Bling
HoboCoastie is offline  
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Newbie
 
Harley73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 30
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboCoastie View Post
AD CG here. Stationed in TRACEN Yorktown.

I'm prior Navy. I think it's funny hearin' Navy guys give us a bunch a chit. I was there. I know how frustrating it can be for them to be out there training all the time for what will never happen. To move millions of pounds of ordinance around just so a Navy SEAL can send 4 or 5 rounds of small arms down range.

All the while, you come back from a six month cruise to a wife that's 3 months pregnant and don't have the sense enough to do the math.

Fact is, the CG is out there operating doing real missions every day that directly affect the security and safety of this nation.

I've got an amazing sense of pride in my service and our missions. Best thing I ever did.

SEMPER PERATUS!!! F-It! Let's RIDE!
It's all good, I think 99% of the time its all in good fun. I have huge respect for the Navy and what they do. My father retired with 22, he was a EM/SAT Diver. I just chose another route and he never questioned me on it. Now that's not to say we don't razz eachother every once in awhile but its all good. 18 down and 2 to go! Respect to all military active, retired and honorable discharges

put er' in the wind and let her eat!
Harley73 is offline  
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Hangaround
 
HoboCoastie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley73 View Post
It's all good, I think 99% of the time its all in good fun. I have huge respect for the Navy and what they do. My father retired with 22, he was a EM/SAT Diver. I just chose another route and he never questioned me on it. Now that's not to say we don't razz eachother every once in awhile but its all good. 18 down and 2 to go! Respect to all military active, retired and honorable discharges

put er' in the wind and let her eat!
x2 all the way! Everybody in uniform is my Brother! ...(Except for the DADT's)...but that's for another discussion.

Hobo
Official Herd #00151
Patriot Guard #216365

2011 FLTRX103, V&H Power Duals, V&H Hi-Outputs, PCV, 2" Tank Lift, Various Bling
HoboCoastie is offline  
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Newbie
 
Harley73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mobile AL
Posts: 30
Amen brother

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
Harley73 is offline  
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
AD2 Coast Guard Air Station Miami 1968-1972

Still in South Florida

1978 Low Rider
1995 Electra Glide Ultra
2012 Road Glide Ultra -- Wow! What a bike!

Seems I get a new bike every seventeen years. Wonder what the 2029's will look like? Hell, I wonder what I'll look like -- assuming I'm still around.
INDAWIN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome