Road Glide banner

Turn signals

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Big1ohtrez 
#1 ·
Need help I'm new to this forum hopefully someone can help. I have removed my turn signals on my 2011 RG front and rear to get them powder coated but can't seem to figure out how to remove the internals meaning the reflector and wiring please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
The reflector just presses in. Get something small with a little hook type end on it and gentle pry it up through the small hole in it. You can then take the plug apart or cut and later splice the wires. Word of caution though. Not much wire to work with or room to tuck away spliced wires. I took the plugs apart and pulled the wires through......... Not sure any of that made sense after I read it. Good Luck though. :eek:

#4 ·
+2
It's just a press fit and held into place with the rubber boot/ring. Anything with a hook will work to pull them apart. I used a small L-shaped screwdriver.

On the wiring, the front connectors are pretty easy to disassemble - just release the tabs and the pins will come out. Rears are a little more challenging - the two bulb wires can be removed from the bulb base connector but I couldn't see how to disconnect the ground so I ended up cutting and splicing (adding an extension). As HogWild said, not much room to work with so a mistake here would prob require buying a new harness. It all worked out tho. Here's a few pics for you.

#7 ·
Just remember if you take the connecter apart to mark which wire came out of which hole. Draw yourself a pic or actually take a pic to male it easier when its time to put it back together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.