Road Glide banner

Painted inner fairing price

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Uncle Fuzzy 
#1 ·
Just spoke with 2 different local paint shops, both very popular in the area...

Was pretty surprised one quoted 175 and the other 225.. for black (budgeted 400 in the winter projects fund). Its not the official HD paint but both guaranteed I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Looks like my inner will be heading to paint in the next week or so!! Think I'll take a set of CVO lower speaker pods to have them done at the same time.

Funny thing is I've been wishing I had held off the the bike for one of the nice orange colors but I'm liking how easy it is to get things painted black right now!!!

D.

#5 ·
Yeah, at $290 a pint you don't want to have to paint/repaint too often! Glad I did my inner, front fender, and Scowl all at the same time. I guess it's the price we pay for having HD's sexiest color ever! ;)

#3 ·
Amazing how economical it can be when you remove the word "Harley Davidson" from the actual paint. That is a big advantage to Black though.

I did mine with a generic gloss black Basecoat/clearcoat and it looks great against the Mirage Orange. I don't understand why the MOCO doesn't just paint them all black right from the start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.