Road Glide banner

What do I do NEXT??????

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  DragoBikeWorks 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I know I have been in here throwing around ideas and such but I am still looking for some help with ideas.

So far all I have done to my engine is a Klockwerks Double Back dual exhaust (which people say will take away from your low end torque but I didn't), Roland Sands intake, Power Vision tuner w/tune from Fuel Moto, Woods 555 cams, Fuel Moto adjustable push rods.

So I am sitting here looking at my bike put away for the winter and am wondering what is next to do to it? Yes in the next 2 years I have a goal of building a 124" S&S motor that I talked about with Hillside Motorcycles. But I am wondering what is next before I get to that point of building my BIG motor.

What can I do to my 103" motor? Throw a higher compression piston in it? Do some head work to it? What else is there? Larger injectors or throttle body?
I'd like to hear your input on what you think would be some mods I could do? I ride 50% single & 25% with my wife & 25% with my daughter. I am looking for lots of low end torque for getting me off the line and then having that passing power in the mid range RPM's. I could careless about top end power as I don't ride much at WOT. Yes I would like to have an engine that made 100hp/100tq so for now that would be my goal.

So let's hear it from all you engine gurus......................................Throw out some ideas for me. Anything from mild to wild and I don't have a budget range other than I don't want to waste a lot of money on doing things to this engine when I plan to replace/rebuild it in 2 years. So if you can work any of the mods that I would do now into what I am going for later that would make me want to do it even more.

Thanks everyone for putting up with me and helping too.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
My simple annswer is because I am a inpatient SOB that can't stand to wait and wants more power NOW..........................................................I know it makes better sense to just wait and save my money but like I said I like to have some more umph now if I can. If it really makes no sense to do anything more to my engine then I will just have to bite the bullet and save my funds til I can get my 124". But it never hurts to ask does it? I mean if I did heads or something now? I just don't like waiting.....................................................................................................................................................................................

PS: bgillam, I haven't had enough of a chance to figure out what my MPG has done. And now I won't until spring as there is snow in the forecast.

#7 ·
+1 on the 107! That's what I plan on doing. I'm going to do cams first then later on I'll get the higher comp. pistons and bored cylinders. Can't decide on my cams though??? Leaning toward the 222's.

#10 ·
Strongly Agree, I understand the lack of patience, however if you KNOW you are ultimately going to a 124" then all decisions and moves should be made to get you there ASAP. Bump anything else... JMHO, I have a 124" did it this spring/summer, only after spending $4800 in 2011 on motor work.... Yes I have recouped SOME MONEY but still I wish I had that $4800 back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.