Yee-Ha. Stage IV and dyno'd

16K views 44 replies 33 participants last post by  jack6hd 
#1 · (Edited)
To be brief:

2010 FLTRX
Roland Sands Venturi Air Cleaner
Vance & Hines Power Duals
HD 103" Stage IV kit part no.27517-08D
HD 259e cams and 58mm throttle body (both included in Stage IV kit)

dyno'd at Seacoast (NH) HD with 1000 miles on the rebuild

Final figures:
HP 120.8
TQ 118.6

Smooth pull, with easy demand throughout the powerband, thanks to the 259e cams - and who's happy here?!!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/doctorharrison/FLTRXHPTQ2.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Cam Choice

Certainly because the 259e's are part of the complete HD Stage IV kit, but also I'd read that the 255's, while liked by many who have them, are reputed to have a lot of low end pull and less so further on [Disclaimer: don't flame me, it's not my opinion, just what I'd read in multiple threads].

Anyway, I'm as happy as can be with the continuously available power.

Ride Safe...

#23 ·
#10 ·
No way you got these numbers at the harley dealer wich are off. You want the true numbers fined another place other then harley. Sorry just saving you from getting laughed at
So, here we go...

#11 ·
Bench racing is bench racing. Come in swingin' a big dick, you're not going to go unchallenged. Not worth getting bent about... try taking this to harley tech talk and see how you fare. :)

Put the bike on a Dynojet dyno and compare. Those numbers are higher than the Harley numbers listed in the catalog, which are "crank" numbers. Probably STD vs SAE. The "standart" is SAE, Smoothing 5. STD numbers are always higher.

Hey, if the bike runs great and makes you happy, that's all that counts. :)

#13 · (Edited)
Those numbers are higher than the Harley numbers listed in the catalog, which are "crank" numbers. Probably STD vs SAE. The "standart" is SAE, Smoothing 5. STD numbers are always higher.

Hey, if the bike runs great and makes you happy, that's all that counts. :)
Thanks, had to look up STD/SAE dyno differences since this is all new to me. Found this:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...difference-between-std-andsae-dyno-sheet.html

So at a 2.6% difference, HP/TQ is down-adjusted to 117.7/115.5, but the bike does run great, which is all I care about, the numbers be damned...

#17 ·
A few brief points:

1. The OP has a much healthier and stronger bike that will be a bunch of fun to ride and he is happy, which is all that really matters!

2. Seacoast HD = Home of the "Happiest Dyno in the US".
The OP can only post the sheet he has and that happens to be from Seacost HD, I've seen multiple sheets from Seacoast on various forums and they all seem to be ~ 10% higher then one would expect for the specific combo and all of the owners say their bikes run great which is the key regardless of the numbers.

3. Repeat item #1 above.

#20 · (Edited)
Mine was done at seacoast also, i really can't complain about any of the service work there. The bike is very fun to ride, but with the 260 cam i ride the bike over 3400 rpm a lot of the time. I just want some more torque down low, considered swapping the front pulley out but thats almost as much work as a cam swap.

The bike will be going to seacoast choppers right down the road for further engine work when the time comes. He uses T-mann, tunes with a dynojet, uses mostly D&D boarzilla exhaust.

Not much of a website http://www.seacoastchoppers.com/

#21 ·
I love the one or two that always chime in and try to bring the OP down by making cynical comments. Save that crap for the hdforum. I thought this forum was suppose to be different?

#26 ·
Regardless of what your numbers are, as long as it runs good and your happy that's all that matters.You could go to 10 different dyno's and get 10 different results. You can even go to the same dyno on different days and still get different numbers whether they're using correction factor or not. Just remember the dyno is a tuning tool, numbers just give you a ballpark of where you are. With numbers like you have, even if the dyno is "happy" you still have a very stout motor. Now go run the hell out of it!

#27 ·
How does it feel? big difference? I am looking to upgrade my 103, It feels doggy compared to my 07 96" I was thinking of turbo or supercharger but I think there ugly strapped to the side of the bike.

#28 ·
In this case it would be okay because there's an ugly SOB on top of the bike too :rolleyes:

In all honesty, I've eyed a few different options to get a little more outta my 103" also......the HD stage IV is on the list as an option, the warranty part appeals to me A LOT....ride hard, put away wet, repeat :cool:

#30 ·
The Beast

2010 Road Glide All Harle complete Stage 4 103 with 110 heads. Thunderheader 2 into 1 114hp 112ft lbs screaming eagle all the way through done at Boston Harley but couldn't dial it in had dyno done at R&R in Manchester NH

#34 ·
Since my Dealer mechanic did the install, I don't have a Parts List, but since it was from a HD OEM Stage IV kit (PN#27517-08D), I'm sure it is also OEM product. Perhaps the Parts Dep't at a dealership has a way of getting this off their micro-fiche system.

Good luck!

p.s. Love those 259e cams...

#36 ·
i am running the stage 4 kit as well but i have stock air fliter with only slip ons i want to dyno it and get a tuner but i dont want to have to tune it twice so im waiting to get a pipe and open air kit. but i wanna see what the numbers are looking like since my build! your numbers look great! hope mine areup there too

#42 ·
I too am running the stage IV with 259e, High volume oil pump, SE compensator, and LOVE it! My numbers are 107hp, 105tq. !00tq. at 2,050rpm. Its a very streetable combo at all RPMs but now I want a turbo and a welded crank. ( I guess its better to have ugly on the sides than on top!!!) Anyway V&H Propipe sounds great and I am very happy! Different dynos will give different numbers but what matters is that YOU enjoy your scoot and ride it more.

#45 ·
I'm happy with the 259 cam in my set up. The more RPM's, the harder it pulls. I hate to shift sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.