Road Glide banner

Danny Gray Airhawk

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  1346wildcat 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried an airhawk seat from Danny Grey? I am looking at the long haul 2 up xl for my skunk, and would appreciate any first hand input.

#2 ·
I'm taking my Mustang Regal seat to upholsterer tomorrow to have an Air Hawk cushion installed under the upholstery. Should be equivalent. I have been riding with the cushion for a few weeks and enjoy it very much since I have gotten the air pressure figured out.:D

#5 ·
I am currently deciding between a Danny Grey Longhaul (without Airhawk) and a Mustang lowdown. Really didn't want to buy either without seeing and trying. Just so happens my local dealer has the Drag Specialties demo bike on display. It has a DG Longhaul Airhawk. As it sits I really don't like it. Feels very hard. I will add that this one was installed with the Yaffe stretched tank so it was the one specifically made for that application. Wasn't as narrow in the nose as the regular version would be. But as far as the seating area goes I was not that impressed. And when sitting on it and filling the air bladders it just felt really weird. I think it might be ok with just a foam surface and not having those air bladders inserted in the foam.

#7 ·
I have the airhawk long haul and a mustang vintage solo and for me it is the Mustang for comfort and the Danny Grey for looks.
I've rode all day on the Mustang and had no comfort issues and no matter how I set up the airhawk pad 2-3 hours and I'm ready to get home.

#8 ·
I have the DG Airhawk and it is amazing. First of all their customer service is absolutely "world class" and I am about as "high maintenance" as it gets. Ay first they installed the 2 small Airhawks where the butt bones go and it did not work very well for me. I contacted them and they took the seat back and put in the full 1 piece system (same system that goes in the topper pad) and it is fantastic. Couldn't recommend them or the seat more!

#9 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle saddle Auto part Car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle saddle Auto part Car
I have the DG Airhawk and it is amazing. First of all their customer service is absolutely "world class" and I am about as "high maintenance" as it gets. Ay first they installed the 2 small Airhawks where the butt bones go and it did not work very well for me. I contacted them and they took the seat back and put in the full 1 piece system (same system that goes in the topper pad) and it is fantastic. Couldn't recommend them or the seat more![/QUOTE
Here it is in the single setup.

#11 ·
Its a great product and the customer service is spectacular, it fits me perfect but seats are real tough to generalize. You really need to ride with it on your bike to be sure. I do find myself adjusting it after a while and you cant do that with most other seats. Its a big step up from stock on the RG custom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.