Road Glide banner

Best low profile seat for your glide

29K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Ragingbull4ever 
#1 ·
First off I wanna say I'm honored to be on this site. Road glides are the best bikes in the world and that's why it's no surprise that the people on this site are so great! I have a 2011 RGC and I have the factory seat on it and its time for a change. It's hard to pick a seat because they aren't cheap and there's really no way to try them out so I really will trust what anyone has to say on this site. I had a lepera villain solo and I got rid of it. I wanna go with a 2 up now. I was set on the silhouette, and then I saw the king cobra, and then C&C, then Mustang, Corbin, and so on. I really don't care about the manufacture but what I do care about is it has to be low profile. I want the seat that's gonna sit me down and back the furthest. Is anyone knows what seat does that I would appreciate a response, thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
You say you had a LePera Villain solo? Did you like that seat?? I have the LePera Super Villain on my 2011 RGC. Sits nice and low for the rider and the passenger section is wider and more padded that the regular Villain. The Mrs. likes it better than the stock seat for comfort....so that is a bonus. It fits the lines of the RGC rear fender without looking huge. :)

#9 ·
Anybody have the stock 11 or 12 RX seat reworked ?

#16 ·
I just bought a Danny Gray Seat, that hes maken for Yaffes Stretched Tank.
sterlingsca.com,...they gave me a pretty good deal and should have the seat, hopefully around the same time my tank is done w/paint.
My Sidekick Seat was modified by MCC. Has Memory Foam and a Gel-Pad. It got transformed from a Ironing Board to a Comfy Couch, w/those two mods from MCC.
I'll pm u w/$, for the Sidekick in a few weeks, if ya can wait that long, after I get this Danny Gray, w/gel pads , and try it out.
If ya want it?
Its Freakn Nice tho man!!!

#18 ·
I know everyone's preferences are different but I just researched the crap out of this 2 weeks ago and figured I'd throw in my $0.02 because I know I appreciated EVERYONE'S help then....

With much help from Torqu (BTW thanks for the seat pictures), I ended up going with the DG Buttcrack. Just installed in friday. Put about 50 miles or so on this weekend (was cold or I would have done more). Best money I've spent. Totally different bike. I'm 6'3" and never realized how much difference down and back could make. Moved me down at least an inch if not more. Moved me back at least 2, probably closer to 3". Legs fit better on the boards. Arms can fully reach to the stock bars. Feel like I have much more control over the bike. Its a low slammed seat but it's not uncomfortable at all! In 50 miles I could tell the comfort difference over stock.

Seats suck to buy but I am VERY pleased with mine! Torqu has some good pics on the bike on an earlier thread is the seat forum if you wanna see.

#21 ·
www.sterlingsca.com

I talked with Sherry at DG before I ordered mine. She suggested ordering from Dennis Kirk, which Torqu recommended (but they were out at the time) or from www.sterlingsca.com which is who I ordered from. Very quick and friendly. Shipped seat on Monday and I had it Friday. Very happy.

#22 ·
HD Leather Low-Profile Bucket Seat. This seat looks and rides great and I didn't need any mods done to it to make it comfortable. I have absolutely no problem putting on 500 + miles on the bike a day with this seat. HD part #52095-08A for $299.95, you can get HD seats for less money if you contact PC Pain. I like this seat so much I have 2 of them, 1 I kept stock and the other I had it reupholstered in ostrich skin but I kept the foam pad the same on the ostrich seat.

#25 ·
Let me know what you think! Just curious. I also didn't want the solo but have been really pleased with the look and 100 miles I have in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.