Got some recent updates and photos to share.
I went to visit a painter that the local dealership uses for their work and refers their customers to for painted needs. I've met with the owner/painter before, but hadn't had him do any work for me. A few friends I've referred to him have gotten outstanding workmanship on their inner fairings so I thought it was worth a trip. A good riding buddy of mine is also in-laws with the guy as well.
Loaded up my outer and paid him a visit. He can order my paint from the manufacturer directly, so no worries matching the CVO Tequila Sunrise. He knew exactly what I was thinking with regard to the pinstriped flames too. In fact, his specialty is flames as well. I have a good estimate from him, and I'm just waiting to hear back from Gunslingers on their estimate.
The new painter is three weeks out will need my parts for about 2 weeks. Gunslingers said they'd prefer I waited until January, but since I had already made arrangements I could still bring my parts to them. Their turnaround was 6-8 weeks....
I think I may run with the new guy. His price is less, he's local, and I have confidence in him getting the job done the way that I imagine it.
In other news, I ordered a few more parts that I decided were good to have before getting into paint. First is a Klockwerks Slicer Hugger front fender and it wiil be painted to match, also pinstriped with flames as well for the OEM look. Second is the Paul Yaffe CVO Stealth License plate mount. I went with chrome, but I may have it painted to match as well.
On the bike, I did get some good work done this weekend.
Since I went with 18" Carlini Gangsters, I needed longer lines for my upper brake and my clutch. Installed the new brake lines, and got the system bled. It's not my favorite job, but at least it's done. Also got the new clutch line run as well.
Installed the new engine guard as well.
Since my fork slider covers were chipped (they're painted), I pulled my front fender, dropped the forks, and removed the slider covers. They will be getting re-painted as well with the rest of the parts.
Last big deal of the weekend was getting my bars installed how I want them, and mocking up the RG inner fairing. The bars are perfect, and I'm excited about the height. I trimmed my wiring to even lengths now that it was pulled, and re-pinned each wire. Instead of having separate wire bundles from the bars to the inner fairing, I ran them thru braided cable sleeve. It's going to look nice and clean.
Anyway, that's all for now. More pictures below.
For reference, the new lower brake line, installed. On the RG with ABS, the feeder hose comes forward, instead of upward like the Batwing models
Bars and engine guard
Connectors all connected again!