Road Glide banner

Blacked out Road Glides

48K views 113 replies 64 participants last post by  redbaron 
#1 ·
Show em if you got em.

I'm debating between Gloss black engine covers (the leading candidate) vs the wrinkle black.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Mine isn't totally blacked out, but I have blacked out a lot of stuff on it: front end, handlebars, air cleaner cover, horn cover. Since my engine is silver, I'm going to stop with the black parts.

#9 ·
My wrinkle black 2001 FXDX...

And my gloss black 1999 Road Glide...

Having done the black thing (twice) I'm staying with chrome. After a while, the gloss gets swirl marks, chips and scratches, less worry with the chrome...

#10 ·
still a work in progress but i love the contast of gloss black with chrome. PS everybody, i have a brand new set of never opened un painted hogg chopps that might be for sale tommorow.

Attachments

#111 ·
Awesome bike, love the rear fender, what's the make and where did you buy it ?

#15 ·
Chain, I was gonna say...."New wheels!!" But I see what you did now, blacked the FLTRX wheels out but left some silver. Nice effect. Still dig the Caddy taillights. Did you see Paul Jr's Caddy theme bike? Kinda makes me wonder if he saw your bike and copied you. :cool:

#23 ·
Did you see Paul Jr's Caddy theme bike? Kinda makes me wonder if he saw your bike and copied you. :cool:
Thats the same thing my wife said "That f***er ripped you off". hahaha. At least you guys here know I did it first, as everyone who now see's my bike thinks I got the idea from them.

#20 ·
Great rare picture of 3 RGs together! Can you imagine what its going to be like at SharkWeek with 2 dozen of those sharks pooling together?

#21 · (Edited)
I am just getting started on the darkening... bars, grips, levers, mirrors, cables, shift linkage, a/c...
Need to send some parts out to get powder coated (engine guard, highway peg mounts, rear brake lever), but don't want to be down.
Need to do the front end, order extended shift lever. Want to install Street Glide passenger peg mounts, coated black and black banana boards.

#32 ·
Nice vice! Very nicely done, sir!

#29 ·
Well I dont have a RG yet, hope to change that soon. I do have a Blacked out RK though. I think it's got a good combo of black and chrome going. I want to put chrome bolts on the entire engine and chrome forks on it with the black centered floating rotors, I think that would look real good. Here is a pic of the RK though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.