Road Glide banner

Grips.

6K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  ChromeYellow67 
#1 ·
What are you guys using for replacement grips?

Sent from my SCH-I535

#23 ·
Not so sure...

I've not heard a lot of good things about HD's heated grips.
I've heard and read they aren't reliable.
I think if you're planning on going with these, have your dealer install them. Maybe that way, if/when they take a crap, they can't say you screwed em up puttin em on.

Because of this I'm giving serious consideration to the Heat Demon's grip warmers.
I'm thinkin if I'm gonna do those, I'll replace the stock grips with something I like more, like the Aleron grips and as long as I have the fairing off for the wiring, I'd go ahead and put the oil temp gauge in place of the air temp gauge.
I'm thinkin.

HSP

#9 ·
Arlen Ness Deep Cut Comfort grips

I LOVE them, and they are super comfortable (I used to have Kuryakyn ISO grips on my last cruiser and they SUCKED), but as much as I like them, the diameter is too large, so I'll be swapping them out for slimmer sized grips like the HD Willie G Skull grips

#15 ·
I too for the streamliner grips to match the rear of the bike but I'm a little disappointed in the end caps being not all one piece with the rear of the grip, and that they are loose and only getting looser and looser. I saw that a lot of the CVO grips are the same way. Any one running I tot the same thing with them or similar?

#17 ·
I work nights so its not that bad with metal grips. My softail had metal only grips on it for yrs...no comfort just looks...now I want comfort and hopefully it'll have looks.

Sent from my SCH-I535

#20 ·
HD Get a Grip will give you comfort and looks. Get a grip comes in 2 sizes regular and magnum for us that have bigger hands.

#19 ·
Avon Grips Boss performance Rubber on my Ultra ~ Loved them ~ on the RG ~ I don't plan on changing the CVO grips.... The assists built in the AVONS make riding a pleasure ~ not as cool looking ~ but I ride 35 - 40k per year and I think cool is the number on the ODO...

#24 ·
Had a conversation about heated grips with someone who works at HD. Off the record, he did not recomend them. They can fail after a couple of years. Also, your palm will be warm, but the top of your hand won't. That is for heated grips in general. He recommended heated gloves instead. Made sense to me. Will pickup some heated gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.