Road Glide banner

glove box speakers

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hdxbones 
#1 ·
has anyone put small speakers in the glove box lids.i wonder if they make something that small.saddle bag lids speaker, i cram to much shit in my saddlebags when i go somewhere.

#2 ·
As far as putting a coaxial speaker, like a 4", wouldnt be a good idea. The glovebox lid wouldnt be a good (sealed or sturdy) enclosure. On a RG at the Dragonfly Concepts booth, they did have a tweeter pod on each glovebox lid, firing towards the rider. It looked like ABS plastic pipe, cut at an angle, and molded into the glovebox lids. It looked nice, but I think anyone with some crafty skills could replicate 'em.

#4 ·
Glove box speakers

I just mounted my stock speakers in the glove Box lids. Took lids off tapped them up traced out size of hole using a bean can that was perfect size. Used jig saw with metal blade for smooth cut. I then put sound deadening material in the glove box. I can still put a far amount of stuff in the glove box. I mounted Polk mm651 6 1/2 in fairing with PBx-4 fosgate amp. Sounds great. I wired the 2 ohm speakers in series so they are being driven by the front channel of the amp because it is 4 ohm load. That leaves rear channel for speakers in bag lids which I am trying to do now.

Has anyone cut stock hd lids and put in speakers? Does that work or do I have to order aftermarket lids and paint?

Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.