Road Glide banner

Stretched bags and big wheels in corners?

4K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  TracyB 
#1 ·
I like to ride real hard in corners and am looking to do some mods. Could anyone give me advice on...

1. How bad do stretched bags kill your ground clearance in corners? I have already been warned that I'm getting close to the stock bags.
2. At what point does going to a big front wheel hurt the handling? Considering 19/18, 21/17, or 23/17.

This is on a fltrx. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
My 21/17 handles great (for me). I'm also realistic on how far I can push it, or this bike in the corners. Can I maneuver and get out of sticky spots absolutely, do i feel like I am running out of rubber through the curves, not at all.

I honestly ride a different bike if that is what I'm looking to do.

The stretched bags will limit how low you go. JMO

#5 ·
Not sure who makes 'em, but I've seen extended bags that are beveled on the outside edge. This allows you to have the look of stretched bags and maintain your ability to lay it over in the corner without risk of damage.

Peace

#8 ·
Bike is slammed :D and running top shop viper bags, don't for see a problem at all......too shop flat bottom bags on the king, don't scrap, but don't ride it nearly as hard as the glide either ;)

Of and I have a 21 up front lowered 2" and LOVE it :)

If your goals are a 21/23 with stretched bags, is it possible......yes. Is it possible and still able to ride the bike hard......yes, just gonna cost a little "extra" coin

#9 ·
For some odd reason I have the really nice drain holes at the corners of each of my stretched bags. :) Just kidding. I haven't scraped my bags yet, but maybe I'm not leaning hard enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.