Road Glide banner

No more mods :(

4K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Mrs. Chainsaw 
#1 ·
Wife says no more mods till christine is payed off, she doesnt like the payment lurking over our head,
She said hammer the payment with 3 times min due and pay it off in 10 mnths
Then go for it
So far since july 2nd
Floorboard extenders
14 windvest
16 madstad
Driver back rest
Luggage rack
New frnt tire
Brakes both ends
Chrome front axle covers
Saddle bag guards
And over 8000 miles since june ( alot of gogo juice )
Oh well i will have to suck it up , she is right ( i guess )

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2 ·
Wife says no more mods till christine is payed off, she doesnt like the payment lurking over our head,
She said hammer the payment with 3 times min due and pay it off in 10 mnths
bock bock bock bock bock....

Just kiddin', bud. Git-r-done!

#3 ·
Yep im a skert , haha , all the bike can cook is hot dogs and spam ,
But i told her , thats cool , but dont get in the way of the ups truck when its done
I have a big list of mods to do
May even ride to dragos from sc and get some stuff done

#5 ·
Well, either git usta hot dogs and spam or just jump on it and go git sumthin' to eat. LOL! Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, If'n she ain't happy the wee wee ain't happy...errrr....we ain't happy. LOL!
'

#4 ·
Hey man, Im in the same boat with you. I'd love to do more to my bike,.. but I gotta get the thing paid off. My wife is like yours,.. would rather spend money right away and get things paid off, then get extras down the road with all the extra money left over.

#11 ·
Or you can get another one to ride while you're modding the OTHER one.

Be creative... ;)

#15 ·
This forum is the best wallet empty-er there is!
I've been having these dilemmas, too

I've paid off several vehicles early, to the point of where I've kinda found a middle ground between that and being upside down for years and years.

What I do and maybe it's just me is find vehicle's wholesale value and PAYOFF $5k under that, that way I get a three part advantage

a. super low payments, if I keep my term
( depends on the lender )
b. always equity, if I accidentally see a deal I can't pass up
c. room to grow
( meaning what-you-owe v. mods v. value )

what kills me are the got-to-do's

good luck with your triple payments, I know they're doable, payed off my house early like that

#13 ·
I ware the pants in my house! If I ask her nice :D We have good a buddy of mine works 60 to70 hours a week and his wife only lets him rent a bike on his birthday and she dumps honey doos on him for his spare time remodeling all the time on her palace told him go buy his bike and let her get over it or don't let the door hit her in the a-- on the way out ! Boss knows whats in the kitty I don't say anything to her when she spends but she buys for the grandkids.When I die I want to come back as one of my grandkids.Three year old grandson woke me up at 3:00 am ask me what you doing papa I said sleeping what you doing Brody he said protecting grandma I said go to sleep she is safe at three in the morning and 35 years!!!!!!!!!:D

#14 ·
Bottom line is: happy wife equals a happy life!!! Words of wisdom my friend!!

#16 ·
What a bunch of wimps. Hell I've been married for 39 years and I'm the king of my castle. If I decide to spend $2,000. on mods I just do it and she is just thankful that I'm improving the looks or performance of the Glide .... I can't tell you any more than that because that's usually where I wake up and realize that's I'm just as whipped as the rest of you! :)

#18 ·
Well I am either smarter or dumber than some of you. I bought the wife her own bike thinking that since she would have one then I could buy more stuff for my bike. The only flaw with this plan is NOW she wants parts for her bike too. And this is coming from a woman who never upgraded anything in her rigs before she met me. Now I have to spend money on my bike, her bike and our Jeeps. Yep she even has her own Jeep too. And guess who does all the wrenching?????

#20 ·
I am lucky
She never rode a bike till she meet me ,
Now she loves to ride, we rode over 2200 miles last week on vacation never wimpered or complaned , it was cold and raining some too, now she is interested in riding her own , she said we pay off mine she may get a sporty or a softtail slim to learn on , then maybe a glide for her, i can live with mine the way it is if she wants to learn to ride
Being wipped has its good sides ;)

#23 ·
I was fortunate to have been able to buy mine on the easy payment plan.....100% down zero monthly payment....As for mods I get what I want, when I want and the wife never complains.....Most times she will compliment me....She loved the JRi shocks just added. I am a lucky man.

#24 ·
Early on in our marriage I got tired of never having money to do what I wanted to do, so after some serious and somewhat heated negotiations I set up a toy account for my use. It started out as just $40/wk, plus any overtime I worked went in that account. Everything else went in the joint account.
When the toy account has money I get to play. Tools, car parts, toys, whatever, all come out of that account and nothing is every said about any of it. There have been the occasional household projects that have come from teh toy account as well, which helps to keep the peace. Today the bike payment comes out of the joint account, mods come out of the toy account. Fortunately the weekly allowance has grown considerably over the last 25 years.

As far as the loans go, best advice is to do large down payments, equity or cash so you have low payments and never get upside down. Never owe more than you can quickly get out from under if needed. Take out a 5 year loan and pay it on a 3 year schedule or faster if you can swing it. There's no harm in borrowing money as long as it's properly managed.

#28 ·
Yeah, I need to slow down on the mods too and pay her off. I want to be able to keep my bike if I lost my job, however, I would let go of my truck and travel trailer first before my bike. seriously.

#29 ·
i was out of debt by the time i was 30 (credit cards, student loans, jeep payment, etc.) it sucks to spend every extra dime you earn on your bills. it feels so freakin great though to earn money that you are able to spend on what you want to spend it on and not what you have to spend it on.

my debt free high only lasted a year because at 31 years old we bought a house and I got a bike too. so now it's back to paying off my bike and asking for the stuff i want for my birthday, anniversary, and Christmas.

After A LOT of nagging about the money he was spending on extra stuff for his bike, while he had bills he owed money on, his bills are paid off too with the exception of his bike. I'm sure he slid a few parts by me while he paid his other bills off and of course for his birthday, anniversary, and Christmas he got a few things wanted too :)

I don't bug him so much about getting his bike paid off because i have my own to get paid off and at the same time there are a few extra things i still want to get for mine :p

i'm not going to worry about paying off the house for another 10 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.