Road Glide banner

A few pictures after detail

3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  groupw 
#1 ·
At least once a year the bike gets a good week long service and detail. Starting with the basics of all three fluids and the tasks that go with each.
After that I don't put it back on the road til every inch has been cleaned and detailed. You find alot of things before they show up on the road. This year the car came off and I had the stripes hand painted by a local guy for 80 bucks. I took these right after that cleaning and am only now getting the pictures off the camera. I have a little time after having surgery on my thumb last Thursday so enjoy a clean bike:)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
So will the thumb surgery prevent you from doing more detailing? Yours looks so good I was thinking of bringing mine over! I pay by the 12 pack.

Your bike looks great

#19 ·
The car weighs just south off 300. The closest thing I can say about handling is it drives like a ATV. You have to muscle into corners. After three adjustments the rig now runs straight and true and is a blast to drive.

Wax is Meguires or Mothers and is put on with a small hand buffer and removed by hand.

This once a year detail keeps things fresh and makes it so things don't get rusted or corroded beyond repair

#17 ·
Going to look at side car this week. It's been sittin in a garage for sometime. I've been told it needs paint. Hopefully it's all there and will turn out to look as good as yours.

#18 ·
VERY nice! The black looks miles deep! What type of wax do you use and do you use a buffer to apply it or by hand?
I just picked up a new addition to my garage, 2003 anniversary Ultra with matching hack, I posted a couple pics of it under the thread "sidecars". It aint a RG, but sure is a blast, especially for my daughters!
Are you a member of USCA, and if so your thoughts on their organization, I am considering joining...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.