Road Glide banner

Garmin Zumi Update

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  eme56 
#1 ·
Has anyone updated the maps on a Garmin Zumi? I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO that came stock with the Garmin Zumi. It is pre-loaded with Harley Davidson dealerships in the US but it isn't real accurate. Last week I was headed to a dealer that I knew where it was but just for curiousity punched the location on the GPS. It took me over 5 miles away from the actual location. It also frequently will tell me the dealer location is on one side of the street and I'll get there to find it actually on the opposite side of the road. Just wondering if it's worth the cost of updating the maps. Has anyone paid for the updates and if so, what do you think? Thanks.

#2 ·
I guess I need some clairification prior to doing so. I think that there is only one "file" I am hestate to update as I may lose the other stuff (Programs) I have in there. Can anyone advise on this?????

#3 ·
The map updates are well worth it. Keep in mind, there is a difference between the map updates and the dealer POI. The dealer location POIs are locations on the map.

I have the "lifetime" map updates. The maps are updated 4 times a year.

#7 ·
I guess what I am asking when you update the "maps" does it over write the other info in there like Dives dinners & drive ins etc. ???????

#11 ·
The dealer POI file will work with any Garmin Nuvi unit. I have it loaded on my Nuvi 1490.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.