Votes: 98 57.3%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • why would i name a bike

Votes: 32 18.7%

Your Bike's Name

34K views 257 replies 207 participants last post by  maddmoe 
#1 ·
As I posted photos of my new RG on Facebook, a friend asked me what my bike's name was. I have never named a bike, but it did make me think for a bit.
So dose anyone else have a name for their shark? If so, what is it, and how did it get it's name?

#95 · (Edited)
Does you RG have a name?

does your RG, or any other bike, have a name? share it here.

my '04 smoky gold one is Bessie, and the teal/white RKC that burned up in the garage fire was the devil in a blue dress

#104 ·
Do a search, the "do you name your bike" thread just ran on here within the last 30 days.

Mine is, Sedona Sally.

#107 ·
My 94 ultra was named Linda an my RG is named Penny. Both names my wife hates. I have no reason why my wife hates these names, so sorry if anyone's wives have those names. However, I don't usually name my bikes until I get the " you spend more time with that bike than you so with me" crap. Once I here that I give her a name my wife hates and it usually sticks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#109 ·
Call mine "Sunshine".. When I say it.. kinda puts a smile on my face..

#112 ·
It took me a while to come up with a name for my RGU. i came up with Alia. Paul's sister in Frank Herbert's Dune Universe. She was special to begin with and then after while became a crazy woman... Just like I am trying to slowly to do her.

Plus Alia in the mini-series Childern of Dune was pretty sexy and so is my RGU

#114 ·
Mine underwent a sex change during the recent upgrade. Originally my bike was Herm. My grandfather used to call everyone he met Herman. He named everything Herman, actually. My family gave him a plant one time and he named it Herman. I guess his habit just kind of rubbed off on me. But it always felt a little weird to me having a male bike name. Plenty of dudes have male names for their bikes, nothing wrong with it, but it seemed to me that Herm was a male trapped inside a woman's frame. So I took the opportunity when doing the upgrade to make the switch. Just like in real life, the switch of a few parts here and there and he was a she. The former Herm is now known as Winnie. I have no idea where that name came from, but she's definitely happy with her new identity. I guess I could have gone with Chaz......oh, wait, wrong direction.:eek:

#115 ·
my bikes name would be Scarlet Fire.
HD calls the color Scarlet Red. my bike is Grateful dead themed, and live, the grateful dead would play Scarlet Begonias into Fire on the Mountain, and would read Scarlet>Fire on a setlist.
however i never call her "Scarlet Fire" or even "her".

"Grateful Glide"or "Steal Your Glide" is what it is though. I usually say "the bike".
My Sportster i call "The Sporty".:)

#119 ·
...i don't always anthropomorphise my Road Glide...
OK, I had to look that one up. I'll save others the trouble: "Assigning human attributes to a material object." Guilty here. When I did my 48 state tour I had a riding companion, my stuffed shark, and my Roadie. We were a team of three. Not quite Tom Hanks and his volleyball Wilson, but possibly dangerously close.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.