Road Glide banner

4 Millionth from York plant is a ROAD GLIDE!

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  dbell66253 
#1 · (Edited)
I just read a posting on the H-D forum about the 4 millionth unit produced at the York, PA plant. The story was about how H-D didn't make a big deal about the bike , or which dealer it went to. They say , it was done so a "collector" would not turn it into a trailer/garage queen.
Turns out some guy and his wife didn't know either. They thought they were just buying a new 2013 RGU.

Then they found that it was # 4,000,000!!!
COOL as heck!!
BEST part... it's a Road Glide Ultra .

HOORAY for the GLIDERS !!!

I don't know how to get the pic on this site, hope someone else can do it

#2 ·
Reportedly a 44 year old police officer from Summerville, South Carolina has purchased the 4 millionth motorcycle produced by Harley-Davidson. The bike was bought by at Gator Harley-Davidson in Leesburg, Florida. at first said he wasn’t sure he wanted to put it on the road “because it’s so special.” Then added that they probably won’t ever trade it in for a new one. “How many times can you make the 4 millionth bike? Once. That’s all. That’s it,” he said. “Once that one’s made it’s done.”

The black 2013 Road Glide Ultra was tracked from the assembly line, where it was built, in York, Pennsylvania to its delivery to the Harley shop in Leesburg where it was bought during the 2012 Florida State HOG Rally at Howey-in-the-Hills. After the paperwork was done shop staffers showered the new owner with balloons, cake and then took nonstop photos. The owners will also receive an expense-paid tour of the York plant and they plan to attend Harley’s 110th anniversary celebration next August in Milwaukee. No word on whether they are going to ride the milestone bike to the event.

#4 ·
at first said he wasn’t sure he wanted to put it on the road “because it’s so special.” Then added that they probably won’t ever trade it in for a new one. “How many times can you make the 4 millionth bike? Once. That’s all. That’s it,” he said. “Once that one’s made it’s done.”

while on one hand it's pretty cool, that has got to be the lamest quote ever. the same could be said about the 3,999,098th bike, or any other bike produced for that matter.

#5 ·
Not to rain on the parade, its nice that HD did what they did, but unless the bike has special paint or something, its just like any other. I don't see it being worth anymore a couple of years from now.

#8 ·
Too bad it was a Road Glide because:

- "We can't get Road Glides but we'll take a $1k deposit from you while you wait." Stealer 2003

- "No, sorry about your trade in value. You put a tour pak on a Road Glide and we'll never be able to sell that". Stealer 2005

- "CVO Road Glide Ultra in Red? I don't care what the salesman told you - I'm the sales manager and I say there is a $1500 up charge on CVO road Glide Ultras. Don't want to pay it - then go buy a GoldWing." Stealer DEC 2010

And so goes the irony of Sharks -- we Shark owners "made" it the bike it is today. So I'm smugly smiling that the 4millionth is a bike such with a "colorful" history and ever changing attitude by the stealers. DOOF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.