Road Glide banner

Going to see mark at madstad

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Captain13 
#1 ·
I am daytona for vacation from sc , i got in touch with mark and going to get a winsheild hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
I am daytona for vacation from sc , i got in touch with mark and going to get a winsheild hopefully
Please tell him "Thank you" from me. My 13" Madstad is awesome!

#13 ·
We went down us 1 from daytona sunday to hwy 192 in melbourn then to Stcloud too see my kids
Then up 192 to animal kingdom to see some of the people i used to work with
Made a big west coast circle

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
If you want to avoid Melbourne traffic sometime, try west on HWY 520 to a left turn and south via Nova Road (excellent pavement and eventually curves to a west direction). We think that's a real nice ride over to St. Cloud and virtually no traffic at all (plus a good place to make sure the engine is running properly at high RPM ;)).

#16 ·
At bike week 2012 I rode 120 miles to madstad,had a 16'' dark smoke installed.Rode 180 miles back,I was enjoying the shield so much,smooth air, it's like a stereo upgrade.Take cash for discount.

#18 ·
I went to Mark's shop last week on my way to Tampa. He is a heck of a nice guy to talk too. I picked up a 16 with the light smoke. I wanted to take the bike down but I was going to a wedding and needed to take a lot of stuff.

I got the shield installed and took it for a ride. It still needs a little tweaking but the first try was pretty close. A lot quieter but had some buffeting when I reached 70 mph. Hopefully this afternoon, I will get the angle right. Doing it with the bike in the chock caused me to get the windshield a little more upright than it needs to be. But for the first try, I got it pretty close.

If you are down around Dade City, stop in and see him. I like buying from a small US owned business.

One more thing.....to get the shield I wanted, that had to make it while I waited. I talked to him for about 30 minutes while the guys in the shop did their thing with the shield in the oven.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.