Road Glide banner

New Guy from Bama

4K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  GMAN SERGU 
#1 ·
Newbie here so I just wanted to say hello. I am in the process of rebuilding a totalled 2008 Police Electraglide and since I have owned 3 Electraglides( a StreetGlide included) I decided to build it back into a Roadglide. The bike was owned by a dear friend of mine that perished in accident while riding it. He always wanted a Harley and I found this Electraglide for him online and he fell in love with it and bought it. After the accident his wife talked me into taking the bike from her and rebuilding it. The only thing she desired in return was that I ride it and not sell it. The bike suffered a lot of damage to the front end and frame. I am going to take it GMD in Atlanta and see if it can be fixed and if not then I will order a replacement frame. I have already began ordering parts for the conversion and rebuild so maybe fixing it won't take too long. I will start a thread when I start work on it in earnest. Until then, I look forward to spending some time here and gaining some knowledge along the way.

Had a spare wideglide laying around and put it on to move the scooter around. The rest of the front end was scattered along the highway.

Now the fun begins

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
welcome from Texas. Sorry to hear about your friend. His wife must be some special lady.

#20 ·
Hopefully the frame isn't tweaked to bad and you can go ahead and restore it and rid eit in your friend's memory. Welcome to the forum from Maine.

#26 ·
Welcome from St Augustine, FL. Condolences on your friend ~ You will enjoy the RG ~ you may want to check out knock46cycles.com, he does conversions and builds many bagger customs from wrecks. He also has alot of used parts... Good Luck ~ Enjoy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.