Road Glide banner

What did you do to your Road Glide Today?

3M views 22K replies 2K participants last post by  Roosterman623 
#1 ·
I've seen these threads on other forums, and they can go on forever. Just some place to post what you might have done in any particular day.

I'll start with this past weekend. I went out Sunday morning intending to ride down the road, any road. When the first 40mph gust of wind hit me, I changed my mind and headed over to Iron Pony instead. It being early Sunday, and the service dept was open, I decided to get the new tires I was needing. So, a few dollars later I ended up with two new Dunlop American Elites and new pads on the front brakes. They were out of the Metzler ME880's, but these are new model Dunlops, and it appears they only make two sizes so far, both just happen to fit my bike. Web site says more sizes coming in 2011. Only have about 300 miles on them, but so far they seem to be good tires. Holds the wind well :D (Sunday was VERY windy, almost got blown over getting off the bike)

Next up, Progressive 940's are on the way.

#3,011 ·
Installed my console extension to hide the space in front of the seat. Straightened out my fairing, it was twisted to the right about 1/4", didnt notice that till I took a long ride after the install.

Got my 98 bags for it in the mail today, so I will start fitting them tomorrow, and relocating my battery. Oh......got my heatshield filler panel for the front cylinder by the floorboard too.

Local Abate meeting tomorrow.......might snow tonight, so we will see if I'll be riding there in the morning. :D

#3,013 ·
A typical day when temperatures are over 30F and no ice on the road. I rode the thing to my temporary work place, the house I am building.

Define riding season.

#3,015 ·
Bought and installed a set of front axel covers. More purty chrome.....:D

Also purchased the big fat service manual for my 2009. Love all the details and pics. Should save me time and $ down the road....:cool:

And oh yeah, I rode her for about 200 miles for breakfast and lunch in the Texas hill country... Great temps, but heavy winds were a bitch when heading south..

#3,016 ·
Installed Daymakers into fairing. Waiting for inner fairing to come back from the hydrographic guy. Started to paint the grey engine and tranny black- tedious does not begin to describe the taping out/off of the non removable items and fin edges.

More to come

#3,017 ·
Looks like one of the last good weather days for a while. I'm headed to my bud's garage to pull the fairing off and hopefully install my new bars. I'm thinin' that could wait though.

#3,019 ·
Did my 60,000 mile maintenance, Changed all three holes, filter, etc, then took it for a nice spirited ride down the only remotely curvy road in the area. Just changed out my head bearings a few weeks ago. It really made a big difference in the handling.

For those who didn't know the OEM bearings are made in Mexico and are very thin cases (for lack of a better word) I replaced all bearings Head and Wheels with ALL BALLS which is visually a heavier better built bearing.

Bike is running like a top at 60,000.!