Road Glide banner

Photo Shoot locations in/near Dayton?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Defy 
#1 ·
Ok so after HD_Shock's thread bout shooting his glide (and the fact it's going to be 80 deg's here tomorrow) I am going to clean the bike and go find a place to shoot it! Anyone have any ideas?

#4 ·
Can't help you with actual locations but wanted to suggest that you try to find a spot where you can shoot from both sides of the bike and from many angles. One of the benefits of shooting in open spaces is that you can get a lot of different shots in a hurry. (other than changing bar angles, my bike never moved in all those shots) Using a funky building or structure as a background is great too, but you're likely limited to shooting in that direction.

Can't wait to see your shots! :)

#7 ·
I'd try Jack-Ass-Flats,..for starters.
There is a Killer rode I like to ride on up there that has a 'Real High' over pass that overlooks a park in Vandalia, I think its St Rt 40. Bound to get sum good shots there to!

Around Wright Pat would be good to I would think.
Where-ever ya go,..I'm sure that if your bike is in it, they will work here, on this site! lol

#8 ·
Nothing fancy like HD_Shock, but heres 2. I went out riding to get lost and did. It was hard to stop riding to take pics it was just tooooo nice out.

#9 ·
Nice job. That bridge is awesome! I found my spot by "getting lost" too! (hmm ... wonder where this road goes?")

Looks like you had a little cloud cover which helps with contrast. Hard to tell for sure without seeing the surroundings but I'd say you have potential on that bridge for stellar photos. If possible, try to go back around sunset - dusk and compare the difference.

You're bike looks great, man!

#10 ·
The surounding weren't that purdy. trailer on one side, swamp creek thing on the other. It's still early in the season once we green up a bit i will have some good places for shots. Maybe i'll head up to jack-ass-flats i haven't been there yet.

#12 · (Edited)
Two other shots i thought i posted before guess not. Once again ok but not my best. I'll get more soon with more new parts coming in (Windvest and new A/C so i can put my lowers on) anyone notice the windy road stickers from hell's foundry. They turn out pretty good in pictures but in person they are too dull for my taste cause there's no clearcoat over them.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.