Road Glide banner

Sinister Ind. RG Drag Bars

12K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Uncle Fuzzy 
#1 ·
I was asked to post some pictures of my Sinister Industries Hot Rod Drag bars for others to see. They are a different look and are costly but I like them. I've had the Yaffe monkey bars on my last 2 Batwings and was looking for something different.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
They are comfortable. Nice pull back. I haven't taken a long trip with them yet but they should be fine.

#13 ·
Yes, the cross bar does split your gauges in half but I look at it like this if the needle is below or level with the gauges I'm not speeding and if the needle disapears on the right side I'm going so fast the cops can't catch me !! It's one of these cases where you get looks and give up a little function.

#7 ·
#14 ·
I went direct to Sinister and did pay $35 shipping to Florida, no tax. The chrome ones are more than black $468.00 if I remember right !! The cross bar does block some of the gauges. See other post here about that. I like them !!

#8 ·
Those look great. Did you use all the stock wires and cables? I'm thinking about those same bars. I'm not much of an ape kinda guy always liked a straighter type bar like t-bars or drag bars, maybe rode motocross too many years. Just feel like I have better control with this type of bar.

#20 ·
No problems with mine. I've got the HD Get a grip grips on mine.

#21 ·
I had the Monkey bars on my last 2 batwings and they are nice but I wanted something different this time around and really liked the looks of these drag bars.

#23 ·
Member wanted to see pics of these bars so I'm bumping to give him a look.

#25 ·
I've also been running Sinister's "Hot Rod" bars for this past year. I went with the black. I absolutely love mine. Nice and wide for great low effort steering input. They have some bend to them, but the grips are much more perpendicular to the centerline of the bike than the stock bars. I have some significant arthritis in my wrists (among other spots) and cannot deal with any of the bars where the grips are in more of a 'wheelbarrow' position. They provide quite a lot of adjustability range, mine are in the higher, further away from me position as I have long arms. I run Avon air grips on mine. If you plan on running Heat Demons or other heaters of that style, you'll have to have the bar ends reamed out just a bit before installation. I didn't but now wish I had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.