Road Glide banner

Tour Pack detach kit: relocate plate *after*?

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RoadGlideRider 
#1 ·
I'm looking for ideas for relocating the license plate from where it sits with the detach kit installed.

Ideally I'd like it to be below the tail light.

Any ideas for doing that, and/or pics?

#5 ·
Not that I could tell. It looks like it is a single piece that goes from under the tp and bends downward. I think with the older tp mounts it was pop riveted or something.

I want to do the same with mine as I have a porcelain license plate that is a replica of our vintage plate. It is a little larger than the standard plates and won't fit on the mount. I know how to add the plate below the light. It is just a matter of getting rid of the original mount.

#6 ·
The bracket that is under the tour-pak is welded on. If you get the tour-pak relocation kit it will give you another bracket to put it back in a similar location. There is a whole thread with tons of pics of my bike and other members rides showing the differences and a couple of options as far as lighting your plate on the thread call license plate relocation . Do a search you'll find it here.

#7 ·
Yeah, I've had the softbrake and Radiantz LED plate bracket on a Heritage and a Road King.

I'm told you can remove those arms from the detach kit that holds the plate and basically do the same with Softbrake

#9 ·
Kwel. I, personally didn't like the Bullet turn signals. So the first thing I changed was the Bullet lights.

First I went with the "Softbrake" style license plate mount. I used Kuryakyn LEDs to light the plate.

I ended up using the Road King Turn Signal bar.

Then I added the rear Fascia with the bottom LEDs.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.