Road Glide banner

Windshield problem solved

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Xaran 
#1 ·
After trading my '12 Electraglide Classic for a '13 Roadglide Custom I had the same shocking experience as lots of others on the forum. Love the handling but the wind turbulence is awful. I tried several windshields to no avail and then I had an idea. Went to the HD dealer, sat on an Electraglide and measured where the windshield came to. I ordered a 16" stock style shield from Cee Bailey (+1")which is the same height as the stock Electraglide shield and problem solved. Added HD wind delectors and Sancho Wings as suggested on the forum and she's PERFECT! The Cee Bailey is great, high quality and very reasonably priced.

#2 ·
Congrats on finding your windshield solution.

Unfortunately on the Road Glide because the shield is so far forward it makes a problem for a lot of riders based on their height, position forward or back, lowers , buffeting from below or around the sides of the fairing etc.

I found the stepped shields work great for me, they move the top of the shield back closer to the rider and allow you to use a shorter shield with the same results. Ive used both a 15 and 16 TRSSC Cee Bailey and it is at about upper lip level. But still had some buffeting from below the fairing to deal with and for me the best solution is vented hard lowers. But I ride solo 99% of the time the few times I have a passenger they get a lot of wind with this setup. So its not for everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.