Road Glide banner

Winter footwear

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Big Bird 
#1 ·
What are u guys doing in the winter to keep your feet warm? I wear HD zip up boots and they don't really have insulation. Have a few pair of wool socks but my feet still get cold! Anyone have experience with electric socks or know of a good cold weather motorcycle boot?

#3 ·
I wore a pair of waterproof redwing lace up work boots last year. Bought them for work, obviously, but they turned out to be great during the winter months. Rode home plenty of times in 20-30 degree mornings with no problem.

#7 ·
I wear Merrell hiking boots, Water proof, insulated and breathable. Lets your feet breath and not sweat making them cold. Plus the bottoms are super grippy for stopping on frosty roads

#8 ·
HD FXRG riding boots are great for keeping feet warm and dry. I've used them for rides with ex in the 20's and had no problem with feet staying warm. They r also waterproof. (I know, a lace up that is waterproof; but they really work).
Only drawback is the weight, they r heavy.

#9 ·
HD FXRG riding boots are great for keeping feet warm and dry. I've used them for rides with wx in the 20's and had no problem with feet staying warm. They r also waterproof. (I know, a lace up that is waterproof; but they really work).
Only drawback is the weight, they r heavy.

#10 ·
For cold riding (below 40*) i prefer Bates the insulated GX-8 GORE-TEX Side Zip Boot. Warm and water proof - plus they fit well and can walk/run quite comfortably in them. Just prefer the fit of a good tactical boot after all these years instead of the loose fit of a pull-on. These are side zip, lace ups that are water proof. I wear the non insulated version for the rest of the year. Only time my feet ever got wet was when I dropped the bike in a creek crossing last summer - but that's a different story.

#11 ·
"Only time my feet ever got wet was when I dropped the bike in a creek crossing last summer - but that's a different story."

Hmmm, these Road Glides are supposed to be dual sport bikes!

#12 ·
I live in FL but ride 40k a year or so ~ much of this is accomplished during the winter in states North of my home. I have the Entire HD/Gerbing heated suit ~ I am hooked ~ but have ridden up to 1000 miles in a day in 40 degrees and less. For the Short runs I do not put the gear on. The heated socks definitely work well but for the day rides I would probably recommend a waterproof boot and a quality sock. ~ SemperFi

#13 ·
Cold weather up here means below 30 degrees. So, I am wondering about the references to "cold" weather and wet (rain?) in the same sentence.

Anyway, being the frugal bastige that I am, I picked up some Grabber brand toe warmers. Put them between 2 pairs of standard thickness socks and I am good for up to 6 hours in my non insulated zip up boots.

When it comes time for new boots, I will look into the recommendations listed here, but for now $20 will last me a season or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.