Road Glide banner

jackpot 2-1-2 headers with stock mufflers ??

9K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  mitchdm 
#1 ·
Thinking about buying Jackpot 2-1-2 headers. Just installed Arlen Ness Stage 2 big sucker and will have it Dyno tuned with SEPRT. Does anyone run this set up with stock mufflers?? thinking also about adding Jackpot or Drago mufflers.

#2 ·
I asked Brian at Fuel Moto pretty much the same question a couple of days ago. Jackpot 2-1-2, JP AC, and stock mufflers. He said stocks would fit but you wouldn't get performance of a tuned muffler. So...I'm thinking about the same setup with V&H monster ovals or the setup Fuel Moto has a picture of on their "package page" with black mufflers with slash down chrome tip. I will call on monday to find out if they have it.

#3 ·
I'm going with the stock mufflers with the 2-1-2 until I figure out what I want for slipons. I know I will not be happy with the stock mufflers long term at minimum because I think they look like shit.... it will be incentive to get a decent pair of slip ons...

#4 ·
Think about your end goal. Dyno tuning will cost you about $300+ for a quality tune. Which frankly speaking sounds like money you should spend on your mufflers... SE pro race tuner is good tuner, but it really needs to be done on a dyno to be done properly. You could spend a LOT of money on dyno tuning if you take baby steps toward your end goal...

I opted to go with a Power Vision and 2-1-2 and stock mufflers as a short term solution. I opted not to go with an Race Tuner or TTS because I'm not committed to go Stage "V" (my usual version of 11)...

#6 ·
good points guys, after checking out the website going with Jackpot 2-1-2 Headers and matching Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" Slash Up mufflers. That leaves me with a tuner. I had the SE Tuner on my Fat Boy - dyno done by my dealer. I am interested in the Power Vision but never done any tuning myself. Don't want to spend the money and not be able to get good results ....any thought's ??

#7 ·
Fuel Moto will give you a map with your Power Vision to match your setup. Also, if you purchase the PV from them, they will provide you with free maps if you make any changes in the future. Of course, you can never beat a true dyno tune from a good tuner, but I'm betting your map would be very close to spot on since you are using their products for your build. You can always add the (Pro) Auto Tune if you want later on.

#8 ·
If you already spent the money on the SE tuner, that's fine, just realize you're going to have best results putting the bike on a dyno... The SE tuner is only going to give you canned maps for Harley recipes. All changes you're talking about are not Harley/SE.

Get your package together, install all at the same time, take to a dyno tuner with your SE module and you'll be good to go. Buying a PowerVision is a good option if you had not already dropped the cash on the SE tuner. They do the same thing, just different interface. A Power Vision does not mean no need for a dyno, but buying from Fuel Moto, you get maps for their 2-1-2 and slip ons which represents a canned map closer to what you're buying. Even FM will tell you once you start digging deeper, cams, modified heads etc you're probably going to need to get dyno tuned.

#9 ·
The Power Vision has a basic Auto Tune Mode which according to Fuel Moto will work for most engine work up to stage 2. The basic Auto Tune Mode uses the stock O2 sensors. Once you start digging into the heads and pistons, you will need to purchase the Pro Auto Tune option (wide band O2 sensors.)

Using Auto Tune should take care of most tuning situations negating the need for a Dyno Tune.

#10 ·
I have the fuel moto ceramic coated head pipe and the fuel moto Jack pot pro tour mufflers on y CVO road glide, I really like the set up.

I use the TTS master tuner on all my bikes and the wifes too.

I just got the fuel moto ceramic coated head pipe for my 13 CVO road glide which I pick the bike up Wednesday.:) It gets the tts tuner too

#11 ·
Thanks for all the info. I did not buy the SE Tuner yet. I sold my Fat Boy including the SE tuner designated to that bike. So no money wasted !! How hard is it to do the maping etc. with Power Vision? I do all my mechanical work on my bike and I have very good computer skills, just never messed with tuning a bike

#13 ·
How hard is it to do the maping etc. with Power Vision? I do all my mechanical work on my bike and I have very good computer skills, just never messed with tuning a bike
super simple. fuelmoto's web site has some manual downloads specific to the pv. you can download them and familiarize yourself before your pv even arrives.

#12 ·
2012 Harley-Davidson FLHR, Stock mufflers, Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless head pipe, Fuel Moto Pro Billet Air Kit, Dynojet Power Vision tuner, custom tune by Fuel Moto. Stock mufflers have not been modified in any way, they are factory stock. Video recorded with GoPro HD Hero 2 and Audio-Technica Lavalier Microphone. Microphone was taped to rear of right side saddle bag... used a foam windscreen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.