Road Glide banner

Anyone else just "hangout" with their bike?

11K views 70 replies 54 participants last post by  Wildman 
#1 ·
So on these days in Michigan when its cold and rainy I have found myself in the garage just hanging out with my bike maybe its just cause its new. Anyone else ever go have coffee with their bike maybe a few beers and just look longingly at her ...haha or am I just a weirdo?

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

#31 ·
OK so I did 650 miles this past weekend up here in New England - the temp never got above 60 degrees - spent may hours riding in 45 degrees. Went from mid New Hampshire up to Maine over to Lake George NY back to NH. The entire trip I'm planning on how I'm gonna rearrange the basement so I can bring Whitney inside for the winter to pull her apart for all the upgrades I plan on doing this winter.

Nope.... I have no idea what you are talking about....

#32 ·
I spend as much time as I can near my scoot or "hanging out" as you put it.
I feel the most comfortable when I am home in the garage by myself or with company
Been kicking around the idea of a sidecar so my lil princess biker can ride with me soon, even she loves spending time with Belle, although it may be my attention she is craving and not the bike, naw she is a hardcore biker already, lol

#36 ·
I like to get her all wet and rub her ass with suds.........ohh wait!!!!!! wrong forum.

Yes. Yes, I do go out and stare at her.

#38 ·
My gf says I spend more time with the bike than her...but most of that is riding (sunny SoCal). That being said, I spend at least a cigarette with her every time I go in the garage. Most times, that's my excuse to go see her.

#39 ·
same deal in chicago, riding season is so short so nothing beats sitting having a few drinks and watching Direct TV especially with the heat on in the winter:)

Attachments

#43 ·
hell you guys just look at them?????? how bout sittin on them with the stereo turned up imagining your on your favorite strech of blacktop.....living in washington is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Dont have to worry about the wife, I caught her doing the same thing the other day with her scoot:D

#44 ·
I definitely did that last night. I pulled the bike into the shed after the ride home from the dealer (brand new) and just had to pull up a paint bucket and have a seat and just admire...and drink beer. My plan was to keep my bike in the house this winter, but that was my Softail. With the Glide, I'm not sure I can get it through the door. Time to move!

#46 ·
This is definitely the "thread of the month"!!! It really hit home for me about a month ago when I was recovering from surgery (I've mentioned this before - not motorcyle related) and for the two weeks my surgeon told me not to lift anything weighing more than a gallon of milk and to stay off the Road Glide for another week on top of that, I spent a lot, I mean A LOT of time in the garage...staring, cleaning, polishing, rearranging the tool boxes, cleaning the tools, sweeping, etc...everything I could think of to do, just to be close to the RG...getting back on the bike was a major motivator for me.

#50 ·
I'm thinkin if we are on this forum ~ we are probably not so secret admirers of our garages/sharks.... Do this frequently ~ not as luxurious as some of the other garages I've seen but am workin on it. Ridin here is year round and honestly the desire to ride frequently surpasses the desire to hang out ~ but I frequent the garage quite a bit ~ Enjoy these moments ~ A road glide is more affordable than any woman I have ever been with...

#51 ·
Yep.. I'm guilty too.. First thing every morning.. Grab a cup of coffee and and a smoke, head to the garage.. Park my butt on a stool and just enjoy waking up to her.. Ahhhhhh.. Sometime I plan upgrade, but I have to admit.. more than not,, I just sit and enjoy..

Great thread..

#53 ·
i am soooo guilty of that. the wife (Jenn) and i will both grab a smoke, and i get in trouble for saying (huh?...wha?....what did you just say?)!!

its tough when both loves are in the same room. very hard to divide the time between both, and ONE of them doesn't complain im spending time with the other.

She wants to name the bike "my competition." I prefer "Jenn." That way I am always spending time with my "Jenn." Not sure that will fly, but im sure not going to STOP going to the garage for what may seem like nothing to others.

#54 ·
Last night I asked for my Glides handlebars in Marriage. She said it was to soon. I begged her to reconsider---She started crying and leaked oil all over the floor! I even gave her a beautiful bouquet of a dozen spark plugs.............What else can I do!!:eek:

#55 · (Edited)
Take 'er out and ride 'er hard.. Ride 'er like she ain't ever been rid'n before.. Twist 'er throttle till she screams.. Slammin' hard into the corners till she squeals..

Then.. bring 'er home.. Let her cool off a lil.. Wipe 'er down with a soft cloth..
Then ask 'er again.. Maybe you'll get the answer ya want.

#57 ·
I plan on picking up two sheets of ply-wood tomorrow at Home Depot in order to move my Road Glide Ultra to the basement. Nothing crazy, but I need to remove the doorwall and take her down and up two steps. I'm telling my Wife that I need to move the bike to the basement so the tires won't flat spot on the cold garage cement floor.
Once the bike is in the basement, the little Lady is going to miss me. :D Sorry, but if you can't ride it, you need to admire it! I also have a few "small" mods to make which will keep me dreaming of next season.​

#60 ·
Yeah you can tell he has a problem, look how CLEAN that garage is!! LOL
Mine is stuffed full of crap, so this weekend thanks to his photo i'm gonna straighten it up a bit.

#62 ·
Don't do it man! If you stop talking to her she will feel neglected and get sad leading to reliability problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

#63 ·
Yep..love hanging with my RGU. Brand new 28x30 heated garage with 9ft ceiling. 46" inch TV, fully stocked fridge, and soon to be urinal! My bike has never been happier! I'm a Michigander as well and having a heated, clean, and organized garage helps with the cold weather blues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.