Votes: 98 57.3%
  • no

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • why would i name a bike

Votes: 32 18.7%

Your Bike's Name

35K views 257 replies 207 participants last post by  maddmoe 
#1 ·
As I posted photos of my new RG on Facebook, a friend asked me what my bike's name was. I have never named a bike, but it did make me think for a bit.
So dose anyone else have a name for their shark? If so, what is it, and how did it get it's name?

#149 ·
All my rides have a name

My 08 Shark is anniversary edition so her name is Ginger.
The Z06 Vette is called Sancha, my wife's choosing
My crewcab oen ton is called Etta. I love Etta James and its short for truck in Spanish.
My Jeep is called El Guapo. From "I'm still here, el Guapo!" Three amigos

G
#152 ·
Pamela. she's the same colour as the eyes of the first biker chic that befriended me so many years ago. I don't know what ever happened to her but before I committed to buy the BBP her name had popped into my head after a 20 year absence.

Most of the rest of my bikes have had names, more for fun than anything else. Chrome whore (funny that name keeps coming up), shake heavily in time, the aeromacchi was called 'wannabe.' this is the first bike I've had with a semi serious name. Just hate calling something worth a years wages "the bike".

#155 ·
Never named my bikes till I got my new wife and new bike. We call her
"The Phiz". My name is Phil and the wife's name is Liz. We started being referred to by our friends as Phiz...like, "will Phiz be there?" And so naturally it went on the bike's plate because we both love being on it. Not sure why its "The Phiz" and not just Phiz. Oh well.......

#172 ·
shakr... For one she wobbled like crazy when I first got her. Had to tighten down the steering bearing a bit. But also if ya switch out the k and the r well ... You can figure that out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.