Road Glide banner

Sharks attack Galveston

7K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  JuicedHD 
#1 ·
I spent the weekend at the Lone Star Rally in Galveston, Texas. There were plenty of sharks on the road at the rally and plenty of customs on display. I thought that I would share some of my pics with the Tank...

Enjoy!

See less See more
#16 ·
I'm with you, man. Except not necessarily stock... Shiny paint and chrome never go out of style, it's a timeless combination. These bikes are yesterday's OC Choppers, the flav de jour. Great eye candy, though.

#10 ·
Great pics. This was a great freaking rally. The wife and I had a blast as usual.

#13 ·
thanks for the pics. I might take a couple of em but don't think i could ride over 15 minutes.

great rally...I like the addition of the seawall this year. man i wonder how many attendees???

#18 ·
I agree that most of these show bikes are not too practical. But from those custom extreme bikes come trends and parts that may be a little more practical.

So the extreme builders can have impact on the less extreme, but custom market.

I would never run a +26" front wheel bike, but some of them are nice to look at.

This is also keeping some custom shops alive as well since the chopper is not as popular as it was a few years ago.

#21 ·
This one was my favorite personally. I talked to the owner who's name is Len Edmondson and let tell you....of all the builders I spoke to or tryed to this guy was the most stand up guy and very modest. Actually took about 30 minutes of his time to talk to me about his stuff and this I might add on a the busiest day, Saturday. Even talked about how he doesn't recomend air ride up front on the shocks and how potentially dangerous it could be. He wasn't all about lets spend as much money as possible, but about how let's make the bike look good. Of course he said this particular bike evolved over some time and just couldn't stop adding to it. I love the headlight grill and the bars with the removable crowns or end tips. He is Azzkikr Custom out of Surrey, B.C. Canada.

....And this one at first sight of the fairing it kind of threw me off and was indifferent about it, but the more I looked at it and especially in person I really really started liking this custom bagger. Absolutely everything about it. Definetly no cross country touring machine, but I bet you could probably ride it around all of Texas. I'm convinced that these handle much better than their cousin counterparts (choppers) as many have said that these big wheels ride great in forward motion rather than twisties, but for me, I'm no big twistie guy anyways.

#23 ·
Thanks for the pic comments....

Thanks for the good feedback on the pics...

All of the bike pics were taken with my iPhone 5. I was surprised with how they came out once I got home and downloaded them to my computer.

Oh yea, here are some bonus pics taken on the Strand.

Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.