7K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  ChivoChavez321 
#1 ·
Jamie,

I left you a email with my contact #

could you please call me

karl Houck

#14 ·
OK, now I am completely confused.

My buddy with the coatings shop says there is a very thin (about 1 mil) coating of some sort on the inside.

He said the only coating that was applied that thin (1 mil) and that would hold up and offer any advantage for the interior of exhaust pipes is TLHB.

Here is the info on TLHB

Product Description: TLHB has a very slick finish and works wonders when applied in an exhaust tract and aids in increased exhaust gas velocity and reduced carbon build-up. TLHB is an excellent thermal barrier and when combined with Cermakrome can reduce radiated heat by a whopping fifty percent! Yes this means more power and cooler engine bay! Applications: TLHB is a high temperature thermal barrier coating with good corrosion and chemical resistance. TLHB is great for brakes, exhaust tracks, wheels, turbo chargers, pipes, springs, casings, frames, housings etc.

Applications:
TLHB is a high temperature thermal barrier coating with good corrosion and chemical resistance. TLHB is great for brakes, exhaust tracks, wheels, turbo chargers, pipes, springs, casings, frames, housings etc.

He said TLHB is more expensive and harder to apply than your basic hi-temp ceramic coating.

HMMMM...well I guess we will find out

#15 · (Edited)
Damn, I just got a ceramic 2-1-2 from FM and it looks just like your pics too! I guess I will have to call also next week. :confused:

#17 ·
I installed my pipe a few weeks ago and the inside looks like yours also... I was kind of concerned that my pipe came from the new shop in Florida. Hopefully it is an upgrade and not an oversight, I will be watching this thread to find out.

#18 ·
I am currently out of town. Please note that our ceramic headpipes now feature the same color and spec HTC coating inside and out. They no longer have the bronze color internally, it is silver like the external coating. Same performance, same warranty.

#20 ·
Hey Jamie,

Thanks for getting back with us.

The only issue I would have with this is that the external coating was 2.5 to 3 mils thick.

The internal coating was only about + or - 1 mill thick.

should't the coatings be the same thickness inside and out

#19 ·
Again this is in no way an issue with our coating, it was a simply a minor change in production in the color of the internal coating, nothing more. Current and future pipes will now to be coated to this new spec and internal finish. We will also change the picture on our website. If anyone has any questions you can contact me when I am back on the office Wednesday

#23 ·
Thanks Sloride and Jamie!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.