Road Glide banner

riding a 23''

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  reficul 
#1 ·
hello all, not sure how this all works. wondering if anyone is riding a 23'' wheel on there RG, and if so, what mods are needed and how has it changed your ride ? thx for any input.

#3 ·
I recently installed a 23 on a customers bike, we used HHI raked tree kit with the extended fork tubes, no need to cut the frame like you might find some companies recommend. after trial and error this is the easiest route to go I promise!! I'm saving up for mine as we speak.

#8 ·
I'd like to see some pics. Although it is a SG it can give us a rough idea.

#9 ·
You need an extra fork stop from Harley (a thick black piece of rubber and to cut it in half. Put half on each fork tubve along with the stop that is already on there. We used a Progressive Sopring lowering kit with heavy fork oil (30W I believe) along with a different front fender. This should be it for your 23" conversion unless you want to go single disc in which case you will avhe to decide if you want to do a 13" single rotor with a 6 piston caliper, stock size single rotor with different caliper, or just stock rotor(s) and caliper or calipers. The 23" is so big that the rotor is not nearly as noticeable as on a 21" but I still love the way a big wheel looks with a single caliper.

#10 ·
I am ramping up to change from a 21" to a 23" I am going with Pickard trees. Lots of guys are using them and E mailing Jevon He is very knowledgable and stands by his product. 100% wobble free guaranteed. Gonna order this week with a new wheel from Southern MC works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.