Road Glide banner

Horn problems

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mmcmsw 
#1 ·
The other day I got caught in the rain riding home. As I passed a buddies house on the way in I blew my horn and noticed it sounded sick and very low. Thinking it was the rain had got to it I didn't check it after I got home figuring it would dry out and be ok....wrong. rode my bike to town for an errand last Saturday and noticed horn wasn't working right....any suggestions on where to start looking for problems?
Sent from my SAMSUNG Infuse using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Is it the OEM horn or did you change it out? If it is the OEM horn I can't imagine water being able to get into it but I don't think you can tear it apart to dry it out or lube something. But give it a try pull it off and see if cab shake it and see what comes out. If that doesn't work then put in a warranty claim or I'll sell ya mine....lol

#3 ·
Yes easyryder it is the OEM one.....and thanks for the offer will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
yes the problem is the piece of crap horn, it is the very first thing I replace with airs.

#8 ·
+1 but then it died again a few weeks later when dry. Warranty replaced it for me.

Stephen

#9 ·
Well....horn started working fine the night I totaled the bike. 2 black Angus cows decided to be standing in the middle of the road when I topped a rise in the road....missed one anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#11 ·
I also had the same problem.. Pull the horn off and as I did, a couple of oz of water poured out.. Pull it off and check to see if there is water still in it..

#12 ·
lol

Yep, water in horn. I honk my horn when riding in the rain, just to keep it "blown" out.

I went in to have it replaced under warranty, and when they took it off, it was filled with water. We all had a good laugh, because they had not seen one do that before. They replaced the horn anyway, and I have not had any problems with it again. I had no idea those would fill up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.