Road Glide banner

Well today I fell off the wagon...Ordered 124"

24K views 92 replies 28 participants last post by  piesik650 
#1 · (Edited)
Called my Parts guy in Pennsylvania and bought a S&S 124" crate motor for my 2011 FLTRX. after countless hours on the phone asking questions and talking myself in and out of it. IT'S DONE!

I am happy that S&S is building it. There Welding the crank on assembly and it even comes with a year of warranty. even better it's only cost $400 over what the msrp on a 120R is. should be here in 2 weeks

66mm Throttle hog
S&S stealth air cleaner
Aim VP clutch
S/E Clutch plates
S/E injectors
and more fixings

See less See more
#14 ·
:D:D:D:D:D Congrats you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Oh yeah if you are not accustomed to a BIG CHIT EATING GRIN, you may wanna go practice on one.

#19 ·
No chain drive....don't plan on doing 4000rpm clutch dumps so belt will be fine.

Trans is actually a pretty solid setup if there is a problem I will convert to a baker 7 speed setup

#20 ·
Getting geared up for the motor to arrive headed to PA next week so I won't have time to pull the motor till I get back. I am pretty sure that I will not pull motor til the new one arrives so I can remember where everything goes. glad I got her stripped to where I am at. My frame and bike is dirty as shit. going to do some detailing while she is apart.

#23 ·
S&S has offered a complete 2 cam motor for several years. They changed the cam configuration a little to get around jd patents. They also offer a better warranty if you run their fuel injection system.

Face

#25 ·
ok so here is the only link I can find. I personally called S&S and asked them if they built this motor or if star racing does. S&S builds the motor and star racing is the first company that advertises it.

S&S uses Harley S/E cases and assembles with there crank,pistons, heads, cams and adds timken bearing and sleeves. Since s&s builds the motor they have a one year warranty. you can also weld the crank on assembly.

http://www.starracing.com/SS124Engine07-up.php

#33 ·
Less than 6200$ for à polish motor S&S 124? On their web site, it is written 10, 600$. ???

I figure at that price, it is not installed and not tuned on dyno. I also wonder about the transmission. Many people has to change trans bearing with a 110...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.