Road Glide banner

Best sounding pipes?

38K views 61 replies 54 participants last post by  Bandit 
#1 ·
Hey I have great looking pipes. They are Vance and Hines ovals. I would like that have that low thumping great Harley sound. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I have a D&D 2 into 1 Fat Cat. I love the sound --- very low rumble --- and I love te performance. I ran true duals for a long time, which had the low rumble, but sounded a little different than the 2 into 1. They were both very different sounding pipies from idling, to running steady, to decelerating. However, I liked them both. I rode a buddies Glide yesterday that had true dual Rhineharts and they sound awesome also. No offense to the ladies out there, but pipes are like women --- it is easy to like them all. I suggest you go to a bike night and listen to the different pipes on different bikes.

#8 ·
Also V&H which sounded nice but after the SE255 cam install sound level increased about 50%. Just the right amount for me.

#12 ·
D&D Fatcat 2-1

#13 ·
CFRs knock pictures of the wall in my house when I start it up in the garage! Really CFRs sound good with any head pipe.

#15 ·
I'll put my vote in for Kerker Stout 4" slip ons. Not just sound but performance increases as well. Nice deep rumble at idle, thumps like a bass drum at easy take-off, deep roar without the metallic cracking when you get on it. Little pricey but glad I went with them. They seem to be getting more volume to them as they break-in. Can't wait to hear them when I ditch the cat even though others have mentioned that they're a bit much with open head pipes. Looking forward to finding out :D

#31 ·
wasn't going to respond to this but, is that a rebranded V&H, for Prague or what ? this is what I have currently / butt / butt / butt /whaaaaaa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . later gator . . . mine cost about $80 euros

Hands down - the ABSOLUTELY BEST SOUNDING PIPES = the ones you like.
nailed it

After four Harleys and an Iron Horse my neighbors like my FatShotz the best. :cool:
buy franks, they are tight

note to dbw.: ya'll need at least one sticky, with address and phone - imho

okay, easy, peassy, condaleassy

remember, never the twain shall part - IA ( member 695, life )

#18 ·
Well I have Vance and Hines ovals with dresser duals. I like em, but I've always been looking for that deeper tone. A buddy of mine just got D & D's , haven't heard them on his bike yet, but it's got me thinking again.

#19 ·
Consider a set of CVO for the FL. Very inexpensive on ebay. I bought just the slip-on with muffler shields. New takeoffs. Buddy bought same but full with complete headders, mufflers, shields from engine to tips.

Both very beautiful. I added Fulsac baffles, medium size. Buddy kept his stock. Mine sound better. His more restful at 80 mph. I believe the CVO pipes are made by V&H

#47 ·
Amen...and I agree!

Plus, you cannot beat the quality/price for what you get...
  • Dragula Pipe
  • Choice of Baffles
  • Drop-Brackets
  • Ceramic-Coating (inside and out)

**The most important item on the list...Frank KNOWS what he's talking about...and he'll CALL you back without delay. For those of you who have worked with him before...you know what I'm saying here...for those of you who haven't, save yourself a ton of time and green-backs...call Frank FIRST**

P.S. Did I mention the screaming-hot deal I got on my stereo system through Dragos? :D

Cheers,

D-

#25 ·
Well, I'm looking for a lower tone rumble. Doesn't have to be load, just looking for that true low Harley rumble. No crackling sound, nothing high pitched or wineing. I thought after I put on my duals, I'd get that lower rumble. But didn't happen. I mean v & H are good, just wondering if there is a muffler out there that can do what I'm looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.