Road Glide banner

Brightasslights

25K views 69 replies 39 participants last post by  Bull_Duck 
#1 ·
Just installed the LED brightasslights on my RGU. It's awesome!
Great bright light with all the strobe effects. I can already see that cars behind me are keeping their distance from me, which in jacksonville, ( where people just drive like maniacs) is a blessing.
:)

#40 ·
Just received my BrightAss tailight today and had it installed in 10". Simple plug and play. Previous posts saved me a lot of time (and eye sight) in setting up intensity # 1 along with two strobes then solid on the brake. Tailight 2 & 3 just too dam bright. This thing really looks cool when on the brake and I'm sure I'll have cars keeping off my tail, especially tailgaters, just touch the brake and back they go three car lengths.

Great option over spending nearly $500 for HD tail/turn/brake LED lightbar for the Tourpak. May still go this route but diffently on hold probably at least until next year after I see how effective my BA lights are.

Thanks to the forum for turning me on to this great add-on.

#41 ·
At Ohio Bike Week at rider pulled up alongside and asked about my BAL-!. He said he could see from way back and wanted to know where to buy one...

#42 ·
BAL Lights

With the Road Glide Ultra 2011 is the BAL 1 the best or only choice. I love the fact that all of you are getting the room that we all need. Cars are WAY to close to me lately.

I am not a gearhead, so I need it to be easy and it needs to add a ton of safety to get momma on board with yet another mod.

Traveller

#43 · (Edited)
let there be light

check out my pics....clear water lights...i fabed the brackets, they made the lights. They are brighter than ANYTHING on the road...

The stop/run/turn are from Native Custom Baggers...call Paul, he is the man!

#49 ·
THEY WORK! I have a RGU with the BAL-1. 50% of the cagers stay at least one car length behind me at a stop. The LED has 23 setting you can chose from. #14 to #23 is considered Parade mode. There is three settings for running brightness. I chose #2 setting which is bright as a regular braking light. They may think I have my brakes on! Once I hit the brake, the light strobes three rapid times in a set of three then 3 bright short bright and constant until released. The wiring is plug and play and the hardest part of installation is having someone hit the brake for you so you can pick a setting before going blind! :D

Excellent safety upgrade. Give PcPain a PM and he will hook you up!

#47 ·
Thanks Willie. I called the fine folks at PSI, the makers of Bright Ass Lights. They were VERY helpful. They checked and my local dealership has a display so I am off tomorrow to go and see it.

Now just one more upgrade (pipes) and MAYBE cage drivers will give me some safety space.

I keep reading that you can replace the front headlights with a 22 dollar HED light. Do you have to take off the fairing to do this?

Traveller
aka Jeff

#50 ·
Bright Ass Light

It was super easy to install. It took maybe 10 minutes, and that is mostly due to leaving my reading glasses in the house.

I am still not sure which pattern to use or I like best. Now I have it on middle setting on running light, and then a really fast flicker and the brightest brake setting. I can't believe how bright that light is. It is blinding. Had my wife who was a sceptic sit on my shop stool and I lit it up on her at eye level. Like the Monkeys song goes.. Now she's a believer!:D

Thanks for the input as well. Or maybe I should say STOP IT! You guys make buying stuff for my bike WAY WAY WAY to easy! HA HA

Traveller.

#51 ·
Just picked up a new 2011 Road Glide Ultra last Saturday. First thing was put the BTL on it. I had pulled it off of my 08 Classic that got toasted.. Plugged in, and worked like a champ!!! Settings were the same as when they were on the other bike!!! Very happy with it and when ever riding in a group always get comments about how great it works.

#52 ·
Put my Bal 3 st on this weekend that I got from Southside HD in VA easy. Did the led tour pack light also.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

#53 ·
BAL for RGC

last week when I checked BAL website the BAL for the RGC is still not released. But they have at least added it to their site. The model is BAL-T3. Would someone please post when it is released. I can not get anyone at BAL to contact me. Poor service. However I still want one for my RGC.

#54 · (Edited)
I sure hope they're making one soon for the '11 and '12 FLTRX.

Then again per the pics that bigdaddymike posted it looks like they'll fit just fine.

So dealer claims the HD squareback light won't fit a '12 FLTRX even if drilled, claims fender arch is different than the ultra or previous years. Mystery continued.

#55 ·
For FLTRX owners that want to install a BAL, just sit tight.

I got the below reply today from BAL customer service.

"We are actively working on a couple plug-and-play solutions for the 2011-up Road/Street Glide and should have one of them available very soon. Please keep checking the ‘Latest News’ section on our website for their release in the near future."

#56 ·
BAL lives up to its name!

Swapped mine from a 02 RK to 12 RGU and it was simple, also have the turn signal module, air wing luggage rack with LED tail/brake lights and blue LED markers. BAL blows away the luggage rack lights.

Just installed the air wing saddle bag guards but didn't add the light kit, debating on that one.

Attachments

#59 ·
I have someone comment on mine almost ever time out. They are a real "eye catcher". And that's a good thing. Far better and a lot less $$'s than LED trunk light bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.