Road Glide banner

Hello from Ohio!

4K views 53 replies 52 participants last post by  Ironrider 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2012 Road Glide Ultra one week ago. My late wife and I have been in every state east of the Mississippi River, all done 20 years ago B.C. (before children) on a Yamaha Venture. We had always planned to purchase a new bike after the boys were out on their own and continue our quest to ride in as many states as possible. However, 6 years ago she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and those plans were put on hold. On October 31st, she passed away. In her loving memory, I purchased the Road Glide to continue with our dream. The little stuffed bear is hers. It was given to her as a get well wish and every time she was admitted (90 days this year alone), she attached him to her bed and he would accompany her to chemo, cat scans, MRIs and so on. He now rides with me, reminding me that she will always be with me.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome form N.W. Ohio....I hope you find new memories to ease the pain of losing your riding partner and wife :)

#4 ·
Welcome to the board and the RG family.

Sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your purchase.

If your name is a hint to your location, I'm only a few miles away in Elyria, we'll have to get together for a ride when we come out of the deep freeze!!

I'll shamelessly point you in the direction of the Sharkweek thread, can never have to many people to ride with if you can swing it.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=21361

Dan

#8 ·
Welcome from WA state! I am sorry to hear about your recent loss. Your tribute to your wife is awesome - enjoy many miles and smiles together!

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find comfort and peace of mind on your new ride.

#13 ·
My condolences on the loss of your wife ...sounds like she was your best riding buddy too. Cancer is a hideous disease, and never more so than when your spouse is diagnosed with it. Enjoy that new bike and get in the wind as often as you can - I'm sure she would have wanted you to. Welcome to the RG forum from Maine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.