Road Glide banner

Progressive 940

7K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  RoadGlide0611 
#1 ·
Looking at putting on a set of Progressive 940 rear shocks. Anyone currently running these shocks or can provide some input on ride quality. Mainly just looking for a little shorter shock.

#2 ·
I went with the 940's on my 2011 and when I picked up my 2013 it had them one day 1.
My main reason was to drop the RGU and inch it did that. Being a light weight I run them on low setting I add a couple turns when two up and loaded down.
No regrets, I was not unhappy with the stock air shocks I just needed that inch .

#4 ·
unless you get a great deal the 940's are around $490 and the 944's areound $530 , the Ohlin's 2-2A are 12" shocks with more travel at $540 and the JRI Emulsion in 12" are around $580 for $50 or $90 bucks both these are worlds better , good luck with what ever you choose

#5 · (Edited)
TJ, I just spoke with Howard and I am now thinking maybe the ohlins 2-2A. Howard was on the road and was not in a very good area for cellphone service. I am going to talk to him again next week when he gets back home. I do not know anything about suspension, other than I would like the bike to be a litter lower to the ground for ease of moving around when parked. I can flat foot the bike when stopped but I think if the bike was lower it would make it easier to move in the shop.

#6 ·
I talked to Howard last night , he flew out to South Dakota to purchase a work truck and is on the road headed back , he said he is driving in and out of phone coverage and had no internet access , he hopes to be back Monday

#7 ·
I love em. I keep them on there lowest setting for me and when the wife come I put it on the second setting. It's a firmer ride. You never bottom out. I wouldn't change these shocks for anything. But I like a firmer ride. I bought mine at US moto for $459 shipped to my door. And I have a lifetime warranty on these shocks.

#10 ·
940's

I have them on my 12fltrx they work ok when I ride solo but when the bike is fully loaded with tourpac, wife and all the extras it bottoms out. I just sent them back to progressive and they are going to put heavier springs on them for $15 a shock plus shipping. I hope that works . so if your heavier than the average Joe you might want to get the firmer springs from jump street.

#14 · (Edited)
Just got a pair of 940's installed this morning. The bike rides soo much better than it did with my lowered air shocks. It is even more impressive when two up.

It glad I chose the 940's....

#17 ·
I am looking for a improved shock better than stock, plus get the back of my ack closer to the ground. After installing the 23" rim on the front and lowering the back 3" with lowering blocks, i stil barely can touch the ground, even with a lower profile seat. So im looking into shocks n im going to go with air ride set up or the 940. oping to get the 940 and get closer to the ground n not get the air ride. but im still looking into all options. Thanks for all the great info on the 940's here.

#18 ·
Clarify lower or not on 940/944

I'm looking to lower my RGC as well as better shock for my wife and I with tour Pak. The Progressive 9 series says its a 13" low that reds like a 12", but stock shock is 12" so how is it lowered 1"?

Anyone compare the 940 to 944? My wife and I weigh 460 combined so need a heavy duty shock.

#20 ·
I'm looking to lower my RGC as well as better shock for my wife and I with tour Pak. The Progressive 9 series says its a 13" low that reds like a 12", but stock shock is 12" so how is it lowered 1"?
For an FLTRX, it won't be any lower. But for an RGU or any Roadie before 2010, it will lower the bike an inch. That's why you need to be specific when talking parts for a "Road Glide" ... they aren't always all the same.

#23 ·
Yes. The 940's are 12 inch height for shocks with a 13 inch shock travel, wife and I have a combined Weight of 360. For us I put it on the 2nd line. For me 1st line . Never bottom out. I like the ride. Life time warranty, what's there not to like. Much better than stock.

#25 ·
Well I haven't done anything to the front yet. Hoping to do mono tubes for one of my winter projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.