Road Glide banner

Road 6 Customs Lowering Kit

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Skitzogear 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
i got a similar setup and love it. something to watch, i put mine all the way down to a 3" drop, and couldn't figure out why the boot kept coming off my shocks. i took the bags off to wash the bike and noticed a large gash in the back side of each bag. the angle on the shock was too much and it caught. each bump took a bit of a bite. had not gone through yet, but deep none the less. i've put it back up to a 2" drop and its fine. handling, not an issue.

#7 ·
i just left it leaning. follow all the steps and it "should" go together as easy as it gets. if you have a second set of hands to set the bottom bolt in the new bracket, that may come in handy, but if you are just doing one side at a time, it isnt required.

you should be just about done by now....:D

#10 ·
i have not dropped the front. i honestly don't notice a diff. its the rainy season, so im not hitting anything that aggressive, but for the day to day to day, its the same bike. only now i don't tiptoe up to the stops.

#11 ·
I have put 3 sets on in the past 5 months, my road glide custom, my dads road glide ultra and my buddies street glide. All are set at 2 inch drop. I did notice that I needed about 50-55 in the shocks when my wife and tour pak are on. I weigh in about 220 and her about 135.
Wesley

#12 ·
I have them sitting in the middle setting and they don't bottom out, the ride didnt get any worse and really love the way they sit. I am 5'9" with 30" inseam and I am able to sit flat footed on the scoot now. Well worth the money and 30 mins of your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.