Road Glide banner

Hard Ride Audio Six PAC

20K views 68 replies 21 participants last post by  Peewee 
#1 ·
Just ordered the Hard Ride Audio Six Pac! I won't have glove boxes anymore, so I guess I'll have to get some lowers one of these days...
The waiting begins! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Just got home from work and it's here!! Sorry no pics yet. Unpacked everything and everything looks great! Looked over the instructions and gear - this really will be plug and play. Plug into the accessory connector and all the wiring is there. I was surprised that no extra holes were required to mount the glove box pods. After pulling the glove box doors off, you remove the rubber bumpers from under the doors and use those holes and the holes for the hinges. Just need to find some Dynamat and time to do this...

#16 ·
Ok it is tomorrow which is today and will be yesterday tomorrow. Really want to see some pictures of the kit. And would like to know what amp they are using too.

Thanks man and can't wait to see this and hear this all setup.

#12 ·
I'm wondering if I should unsubscribe to this thread to save my wallet just in case I like it? Lol. I'm in the process of redoing half my bike now and I seem to have more ideas than $$$$$, I think I'll sue the forum. :D

#17 ·
I have no clue on the specs for the amp. It is a 4 channel brick with Hard Ride Audio labeling. The gains are preset and covered with a 'warranty void if removed' sticker. They supply a line level converter as well, again no markings besides HRA. Anxious to see how this sounds!! I am going to get started on this project when I get off work later today.

#19 ·
I guess we will all be waiting for these pictures!

I WAS happy with my stock HK setup, but now I see all these nice new toys....:eek:

My wallet continues get thinner than your average supermodel....:p

#28 ·
Got it wired this morning about 2:00 then went to bed. I just tried it out in the garage and it is loud. There is some hiss at zero volume, but I'll never hear it over the bike. I don't have the fairing back on yet because one of the nylocks they sent was coarse instead of fine thread... Off to Home Depot after lunch. I think I will like this, but not sold on the whole line convertor + amp yet. Time will tell.
Install Notes:
Pull the stock speakers, then install the glove box speakers, THEN install the main speaker rings and speakers. It is VERY tight on space for one of the glove box lock nuts otherwise. (My fumble fingers could not get the nut started, so had to pull the mains)

Haven't done the Dynamat yet and looking for suggestions.
Thinking about
1. Back side of fairing near mains
2. Back side of inner around mains
3. Backside of glove boxes

I know that everybody recommends #1, any benefit to doing #2 and/or #3?
I bought enough to do #1 but thinking about returning that package for a larger one.

Fairing goes back on today. This is my first time on the fairing R&R. I was gonna wait until I got an Oil Temp Gauge and do everything at once, but I couldn't wait to hear this setup.

It's raining again today, or I'd already be done and in the wind!!!

Thanks for all the comments!
Mike

#33 ·
Chromed the front end, Progressive MonoTubes on the insides, Klock Werks Flush Mount Axle. Oh, and I went back to the 6.5's from the CVO. Think thats about it right now, about to go into the motor this weekend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.