Road Glide banner

Garmin put a FLTRU in there advertising

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  EdY39 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I don.t use gps on the bike so this may be a dumb ? Can you use gps to get on the off the beat and path roads.Boss and I do what you we call venture riding we see a old county road or state highway and sees were it takes us some times we miss a turn or run into gravel and have to turn around or double back.But we have visted with some great people and some fun places that is why we never invested in gps on bike if we have a destination that is diffenet I map it out write down dirrectios and she checks it after each turn and exit and tells me what the next road sighn well be

#11 ·
I love my GPS. I like to explore without keeping track of the way home. I can get totally lost, and just hit home to find my way back. And when I'm on a trip, I don't have to worry about where turns are. I spend my time enjoying the scenery. It's also nice knowing if there's a hairpin turn just over that next hill.

I use the HD Ride Planner. No muss, no fuss.

#12 ·
I love my Zumo Harley Road Tech 665 with XM. Like American Express, "Don't leave home without it". I also like wandering around but it's very convenient, when you're not familiar with your surroundings, to hit "HOME" and get there without any problems. The added bonus is having the XM Radio playing thru my stock HD head unit providing me with all of my favorite channels. I have mine mounted with the Iron Aces Road Glide Mount. Can't beat it. Iron Aces is another great company and Forum Sponsor with Superior Customer Service. Great product too!
Mike U.

#13 ·
Underneath the video, reads the following:

"It's rugged enough and smart enough to guide you to wherever your ride might take you".

That doesn't even make sense. Why would you want to be "guided" to "wherever"? I know, I know, petty. I'm in advertising.

#14 ·
Thanks guys I just stop at small mom and pops stations or diners talk to locals they tell us the best roads to take and what to look for also were to watch your speed.I don't get turned around to easy but it would be nice to use to find a major road just don"t want it to take away from stopping and asking its what I love about mc riding

#17 ·
The GPS is just a tool. You're in charge of it and can use it any way you want to use. Why would you quote "just don"t want it to take away from stopping and asking" worry about something like that.

And it can be very handy at times for finding a gas station or restaurant or motel or campground, especially in the boondocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.