Road Glide banner

Advise on dyno tuner & engine builder needed

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  neuropac 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for a good dyno tuner and engine builder in my area Abingdon va 24211 southwest va/northeast tn/western nc. Unable to locate a tuner willing to tune my sepro tuner. Planning on cam change thinking of woods 222 vs tman torque555 and would like to locate a good tuner before change without changing tuner if I can since funds at limited. Thanks Chris :)

#4 ·
Skip is still in business but please know you CANNOT bring parts to Skip -- uou must buy everything thru him. Still, I have used him for dyno tune on 4 bikes and he does a great job. In addition, I have heard -- never used them -- but have heard Lynchburg HD is pretty good with engines. DOOF

#7 ·
Skips

Personally I wasn't too thrilled with Skips, the shop kept trying to sell me on the tuner he likes to tune with because he didn't like my SERT. Then they proceeded to take close to a week to tune it and using two full tanks of gas and close to 175 miles of dyno time. In the end to only have a bike that only worked once fully warmed up, and really hesitated under light throttle, it really only worked at WOT, the numbers weren't that great either at 103hp and 105tq. Several months passed by and fall turned to winter and when December came the bike would not stay running under 30F unless I gave it gas. I stalled the bike at several traffic lights and stop signs near my home and work on flat ground due to this. I won't go into details on trying to get this sorted out with the shop, but I ended up writing this tune up as a loss. Smart tune ended up getting me a little better and helping me till I could take it to another shop for a tune, but smart tune can only do so much if it's that far off.

I Personally Do not recommend Skip's and never will to anyone that I know. I ended up getting my bike tuned again in Clearwater, FL and again in Sussex WI. and I live in Manassas, VA. Zandi's V-Twin Service (Ed Ramberger) in Sussex did my first bike (FXST) as well as my FLTRX and will be doing any Harley that I ever own in the future.

At the time of writing Skips tuned my bike about 13 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.