Road Glide banner

Help with converting to 23"

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lokitwitch04 
#1 ·
SO I have a couple of questions. I have a 2010 Road Glide . The mechanic got the Tri Glide trees installed but the bolts on the trees are in a different location that the stock ones, so the cover for the guage housing wont bolt up. How have you guys handled this?

Also the trees are hitting the inner fairing when turned all the way. My headlight is sitting straight so I am afraid that the Yaffee one is not going to work. Im guessing I just need to move it out a couple of inches.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm so close to being finished.

#2 ·
I'm in the process of doing the same exact set up.

I have the trees on and I had to cut the fairing support bracket just a little bit and it works perfect.

As far as getting the gauge housing to line up.. its not going to happen without making brackets to make up for the offset.

I'm just riggin' up the stock front fender bolt lock plate. I have them just about figured out.

I'll post pics soon to help you out more.

#3 ·
Got mine all back together and used some spacers for the faing bracket that kicked it out about 1/2" so now I can lock the wheels in either direction. I do have a wobble above 85mph now. Going to get the neck tightened and see what happens. I have heard that you have to have it slightly tighter than stock trees.

Guage nacelle is on with a couple of tabs to offset the bolts. All in all I love the look and feel just have to get this wobble thing straightened out.

Let me know how yours works out

#4 ·
We have an alternate to the raking the trees which we have done on our shop bagger. No raking, no cutting, no hassle. No wobble either. I realize it is too late for you as you have already invested in the tri glide trees. First off, if i were going to rake the bike i would use Hawg Halters trees. Secondly, try our .tried and true new method before investing and trees as you can always add the trees later if you find it necessary although I do not think that you will.

We took and extra fork stop (a thick black piece of rubber from Harley)and cut it in half with a razor blade. We added one half of the extra fork stop to each fork along with Progressive lowering springs (we like these better than the mono tubes) and some heavy fork oil (30 wt). We swapped out the stock front fender for a wraparound fender and put our 23" wheel on. We went to a single disc smooth 6 piston Hawg Halters caliper and a 13" rotor for the super clean right side look.

We avhe found that the bike rides great (tested at all speeds) and looks even better. Your results may vary as many factors figure in to a conversion of this sort but give it a try. the worse that could happen is that you find you want raked trees later on. We dig our 23" set up this way.

#11 ·
How much did you lower the bike in the front? I want to do this same setup. Also do you happen to have a part number for the rubber stops you put in the tubes? Also, any problems with bottoming out the shocks. is it still a comfortable ride?

#9 ·
No Need For After Market Trees

I don't understand the need for any type of tree except for stock. i installed a 23" front rim on a 2006 RG no problems with any wobble or rubbing. I installed Mono tubes up front and wheel took all days and the outcome was awesome. I could have spent the extra dough on the trees but i held off due to many friends with 23" up front set up with stock trees. Good luck with installing the wheel, You will not be disappointed in the look of any 23" Rim up front..

#10 ·
Interested to see how this works out (high speed wobble) :rolleyes: I have been on the 23"-26" fence and it would be nice if there was a more cost effective route on the 23" that was just as safe as the new tree route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.