Road Glide banner

Redbeard719's CVO Street Glide to CVO Road Glide Custom Conversion

29K views 79 replies 46 participants last post by  markstriumph 
#1 · (Edited)
Update: Oct 27, 2012 - Conversion begins. Pictures are include in posts below.

Well Gang....this project is starting to come together nicely.

First shipment came last week from New Castle HD. Included many of the brackets and mounts, the nacelle sides, and a few other small things. The outer fairing is still on order, and I hope to have it soon.

Today, all but the right directional mount showed up from Lake Shore, and it will be here tomorrow. All the hardware is here, the inner fairing, CVO windshield kit (Windsplitter, I believe), and all the other small pieces.

I have one big trip planned for this weekend on the CVO Street Glide. After I get back, I hope to have the last few pieces. I've got a small project going on wth my 2003 Heritage Springer, which I hope to wrap up soon (waiting for custom-made parts), and after it's ridable, the Street Glide will be taken apart, and the outer fairing will be taken along with all the raw pieces to Gunslingers Custom Paint (they paint many of the CVO bikes for Harley, including the 2012 and 2013 CVO RGC). They shot my Street Glide inner last winter, and it was perfect.

I've got a few good buddies that will be buying some take offs from me to help ease the pain and expenses, but I will be doing their install work as well...

Bars are in the garage and not included with the boxes below...I went with 17" Carlini Evil Apes, chrome. Tomorrow I expect the J&M Rokker XT's to show up. Found them online for over 30% off MSRP.

It's going to be a while before I have some serious updates, but I'm too excited about all this to keep it to myself!

Until next time...

See less See more
#36 ·
Update -

I got a pretty good start on things this weekend. Shortly after this photo was taken, I installed the J&M speaker grills, the glove box doors, and the smaller gauges.

Next was the radio - I run the Hawg Wired set up, since I am using an aftermarket Sony HU. The bezel simply would not fit. The areas of the cutout adjacent to each corner seemed to 'pinch' in a little further. No fitting at all. Making matters worse, the paint chipped while working on it. Good thing I was working alone in the garage...I had some colorful language to share.

Oh well, I made a late call to may painter, and brought the inner back down. He'll be sanding out the opening until the bezel fits, and then repainting as needed to repair the paint damage.

Still got some good work on it, and installing the inner really isn't that bad a job. It was nice yesterday, and I was able to get my knees in the wind on my Springer, so all is well.

More to follow!

#42 ·
The conversion is complete! :D Here are the final front end assembly pictures, and several of the finished product.

On a side note, I had the bezel that came with my Daymakers painted to match. When I went to install it, the openings for the lights were too big for the Daymakers, and I resorted to the glass black CVO bezel I had already painted. At some point, did Moco change the size of the lights, or did I just get a bad part?

Nacelle and repainted sliders installed

Inner Fairing, before the radio bezel decided not to fit

Switches - the far right switch is the garage door opener, wired to open two garage doors

#54 ·
wow did that really turn out nice. nice job

#56 ·
Absolutely beautiful

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.