Road Glide banner

Exhaust recommendation...Jackpot header + ? Slip-on

12K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Captain13 
#1 ·
I am planning on Fuel Moto Jackpot header and tuned Power Commander.
What slip-ons are you guys running? I'm thinking chrome with black billet tips and was considering Rinehart, but there seems to be some potential quality issues. Comments/suggestions?

#2 ·
Go to a few bike nights and rallies, and see what sound you like best.

There are plenty of great pipes out there, Fuel Moto, Dragos, CFR's, V&H, RH, etc, just to name a few.

You got the big part out of the way and you're getting rid of the cat.

:)

#3 ·
I'm going with pretty much the same setup. Power Vision, Fuel Moto AC, and Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipes. I saw a good deal on some Reinhardt's on this forum but there were quality issues so I too plan on staying away from those. I'm thinking of Fuel Moto slip ons, either the Pro Touring chrome with the carbon fiber trim or the 4" Jakpot slash ups. I guess you really can't miss with FM. I'm just curious to know how much actual heat reduction there will be with the ceramic coated head pipes? They are $100 more but well worth it if it keeps things cooler.

#4 ·
After having Ceramic coating on my last set of pipes I am a believer. I thought it was all advertising hype, but it's not. And my last bike had a factory 110!

It's not necessary, but it does work. If you can afford it I would say go for it, especially if you live in an area with brutal summer temps like I do.

#5 ·
I'm really liking everything about this setup at the moment, and it's very similar to what you are thinking.

Here is a video: http://youtu.be/bU_sRUBQ4SE

#8 ·
#9 ·
Buddy of mine runs the Krushers mentioned above on the Jackpot headpipe and really think his bike has a much better sound than mine with the V&H power duels with Rineharts. Might be the wrong time of the year to do it but make a trip to your local Harly Dealer during one of their promo days and sit in the parking lot and listen to the bikes coming in and out. Found something that sounds good to you and go ask the owner about his pipes and also ask about his motor. How the motor is built sometimes makes a huge difference in how those pipes sound

#11 ·
Don't go Rineharts, too common of a pipe and sound isn't what i liked, I went with CFR's sounds like a boat idling in the water and an ungodly howl when you crack the throttle. I'm always having guys ask me what pipes I have, the sound alone is unique!

#12 ·
No V&H monster ovals??? I like!

#13 ·
I'm looking at the Jackpot 2/1/2 header but haven't decided on the mufflers yet. Thanks for the videos.

Is the ceramic coating to reduce temps? I'm looking at the stainless with the ceramic coating and have pretty much made up my mind on that setup.

#14 ·
I was about to pull the trigger on ceramic Fuelmoto headpipe etc but with their new hi-output XXX pipe coming out and Dragos H pipe next summer it really confuses things. Thinking maybe slipon and go for now.

#15 · (Edited)
How do I draw a picture with a gun to my head? I want to get rid of the cat before the summer. You are killing me, Bro. Any info on the XXX? Never mind. I just saw the other post on the XXX being released on Feb 3. Looks like that's for high HP applications. I'm not going there anytime soon. Trying to curb my habit a little.

#22 ·
That's the feeling. Like I was on fire on the starboard side. It was so hot that I opened the lowers all the way to try to cool my leg down. T hat didn't help much. Based on the input from all you guys, looks like I will be happy with the FM head pipes.

Thanks. This was my thread. And I didn't mean to hijack it.

#21 ·
Have FM 2-1-2 ceramic coated header + 4" black dynotuned slash up mufflers with power vision. Looks and and sounds great....:)

2012 RGC

#23 ·
One last question.....do I need to replace the crossover pipe gasket when I install the 2/1/2? The bike just turned 3K miles.

I just noticed that in the shop manual. I ordered the new exhaust gaskets with the header.

#26 ·
Installed my FM header after 2000 miles on the bike. removed the crossover pipe, inspected the seal and it was like new. It slipped right onto the FM header and sealed perfectly...you may want to inspect it before you buy a new one since it is a new bike, just a thought

#27 ·
I may pick one up. Hopefully they aren't too much. I'm getting everything together. The dealer is a 60 mile round trip so I don't want to break off and go up in the middle of the install.

#28 · (Edited)
I have the fuel Moto 2-1-2 ceramic coated header, and the Jackpots 4" slash up slipons with PCV. My bike had just over 700 miles and the cross under gasket seemed fine so I did not replace it.
This is the best sounding set up for me. Nice throaty sound. Amazing throttle response and performance with no decel popping. Rev the rpms and she barks authoritively!

Perfect balance of performance sound and touring ability for my needs and my right leg is not on fire anymore!

Mike:D

#29 ·
Jackpot's will be here Wednesday. Pulled off the old one's tonight. Not bad at all. Header nuts were not very tight. The gasket removal was the hardest part. I'm replacing the gaskets on Jackpot's recommendation and will use theirs instead of MOCO's.

I used a heat gun to warm up the mufflers and they came off pretty easy. The crossover gasket looks good but I have a new one and will replace it as well.

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how the install goes.

Come on Wednesday.

#30 ·
and regarding Fuelmot slipons....

If you're thinking about Fuelmoto mufflers I asked Jamie the difference between the 4" and 4.5" Pro Touring a while back and he said....

'the mufflers sound different as they have different internals. The Pro Touring has a super deep tone at a slighly higher dB level. Both mufflers perform the same.'

#31 ·
Mufflers are the next step. I like the deep sound. I haven't found what I want yet but am leaning toward the FMs. They seem to have done their engineering and research. I'm an engineer and appreciate the effort and support info they have provided so far.

I'm trying to stay on a budget here. Know what I mean?:D

#33 ·
The exhaust gaskets made it but not the pipes. The gaskets from FM are stainless and a lot thinner than the OEM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.