Road Glide banner

Cam suggestions

43K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  BossHogg1914 
#1 ·
I have an 11 RGU with nightsticks, stage 1, de-chatted, Cobra Fi2000 tuner and am looking for cams, Ride 10-12k per year, Almost always 2up, 425lbs combined weight. Could be talked into pipes as I am not in love with nightsticks and not sure of the advantages of de-chatted vs true header. Looking for 40-70 mph power curve. Anyone have input.

#33 ·
TW-222's #'s look real good. Just putting them in a stock configuration helps out a lot from the dyno #'s I've seen. I'm pretty much sold on these! Now to start saving up!

#34 ·
GMR Performance put the Kuryakyn TC 24 cam in my emgine last week. Along with the Street Sleeper II AC, Crusher Power Cell and Mellow mufflers. After being tuned came up with 102+ HP and 108+ TQ. Very pleased with the power delivery - smooth and just seems to keep on building.

#39 ·
I had the SE 255 cams in my 07 96" with Rinehart TD's, SE A\C & PC-V. I loved this ride but, had shoot for that "100"hp mark, so took them out for a larger build. Just found I rarely ride over 4500rpm and the low rpm TQ of the 255's get my fat butt, on a heavy touring bike, rolling right along. Thank god I kept those 255's, just got my Power Vision & high flow A\C from Fuel Moto and my catless stock headpipe from B&E Performance. Keeping the stock mufflers for now (got tired of the Rineharts after 4 hours or so) & plan on installing Thanksgiving weekend!
Now, if I didn't have the 255's sitting on the shelf, I'd be looking real hard at the 222's.

G
#42 ·
Would be interesting to see the validity of claims backed up on legit dyno's not the happiest ones in the business.

Franks dyno has proven to be on par with at least 6 others and maybe since he updated the stack and software it is even a bit stingy.

Only way to fly...consistant,honest numbers that can be duplicated anywhere.

#43 ·
I have a set of woods 222's but not installed as of yet,wasnt sure if i wanted to run these or not, they have good reviews on the forum,i did talk with Drago bike works and they gave me some good choices if i end up not using the 222,like everything else,one change turns into another cost, dont think my cobra tuner will work the best with a cam change

#44 ·
I just picked up a pair of the Mackie 575 cams, and I was wondering what my numbers would look like. I was looking at the Mackie 590 setup, but I did not want to change out my springs. I am also going with a Bassani FLH 2 into 1 Exhaust, an Arlen Ness Stage 1, and a TTS Master Tune. I can't wait to see what my numbers are going to look like. It's my plan to get a Dyno so that I can see what type of gains I get from running this type of setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.