Road Glide banner

2013 leaking rear left shock

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lunchbox 
#1 ·
I kept noticing a new pool of liquid every time I got on the bike under the left rear exhaust. Upon further inspection I noticed a drip from the lower post of my rear left shock!?

#4 ·
I had one of my rear shocks blow a seal on my old RG. Nearest dealer from me is over 100 miles. They wanted me to bring the bike and leave it. That ment two trips either hauling it on a trailer or having the wife follow me in a car. I just bought a set of stock takeoffs on ebay for $30. It was cheaper and less hassle.

#5 ·
I've had this happen twice, once with stock tall shocks, and once with the 1" lower version. I fully expect to have this same problem on my new bike. No idea why the one side consistently is a problem. Although my guess is because they are consistently crappy shocks :)

#6 ·
Mine was a week old when the regulator went...shocks good so far,but I lost one of the chinese speakers in the fairing right away too.Just replaced it with J&M.

#7 ·
Dealer ordered me a replacement should be in next week... If it breaks 50 times I'm gonna keep making the MoCo replace the shocks until the warranty expires... but I'm hoping it's just a bad shock and the replacement goes many many more miles! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.